• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring Diagrams

RH428WF

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for complete wiring diagrams for a 1997 and 1998 XJ sport. I have looked on line and bought manuals. The wiring diagrams to be honest have not been helping as some of my wiring does not match the diagrams I have as far as color of wires.

Do you have a Jeep FSM, my 2000 fsm is dead-on.

Hanes and Chilton's are useless once you progress beyond tuneups, brake jobs, and oil changes. They are most useful for soaking up oil spills and for starting campfires. You need a genuine Jeep Factory Service Manual.

NAXJA forum rules prohibit posting of copyrighted materials, but with some basic Google search terms you can find a complete FSM on other websites. The FSM contains highly detailed wire harness information including wire colors.

1997 was the first year of the new body style, and numerous wire harness changes and upgrades were created and installed to address minor issues, and the changes may not be fully documented.

Last edited:
Back