• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windrock fall flog nov.14-16

MELKORsXJ said:
mark, you better not tear up your jeep! it's too clean, and from what i hear it's gonna look really good after matt gets done!

:laugh: It is gonna look good when he gets done but more importantly it's gonna wheel great!!!!!!! Like I said, I need to wheel to feel good about myself, but what I meant was I need to wheel to feel good about the money I've spent on it.:roflmao:

rredalty said:
Don't even start that shit. I was the ONLY one that wanted to continue and didn't turn out until I was the only one left on it with noone behind me.

i meant the big rig pussed out, you were good to go till the brakeline said bye bye :D

so i have a friend that is a reporter/writer for the south knoxville-seymour times. his editor said they want to do more outdoor storys so he called me up and asked when we were going out again, so i told him about the flog. and he jumped all over it. so long story short i will be bringing a reporter with me to do a story on the flog , naxja and the tennessee valley jeepers. so bring your A game and give him some good pictures for the front page, unless anyone is opposed to this. if you are than let me know.

you will need to get in contact with chuck that runs the mine to make sure you have permission.

you will need to get in contact with chuck that runs the mine to make sure you have permission.

the paper more than likely will they like to get a few qoutes from managers and staff any way. he told me he wanted some back ground information on the mountain any ways i'll tell him to contact chuck.

do you know how to get in touch with him?

You can go through the manager at Windrockpark.com campground.

man i am lazy...i still need to make reservations...

Just figured I would post up again on this one, its been a while since anyone has mentioned anything about Windrock and the Flog

I am ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, that about says it right there.

Yeah, I can't wait! I drove my XJ from the trail head at Windrock across Hwy 116 and came out in La Follette. I crossed the "Flats" which has a great view. The trail is not difficult but it does have one pretty bad mud hole in it but you can go around it, I just wanted to play a little. I left the trail head around 11:00am and returned by paved roads. I got back to the trail head about 5:30pm. I just wanted to GPS the route to the "Flats" because there are a few different ways to get there and almost none of them are marked.

man...i have a ton of stuff to do to mine to get ready...

when is everyone planning on getting there? what all do i need to bring? i.e. food, camping stuff

and total cost of camping/riding?

Last edited:
man...i have a ton of stuff to do to mine to get ready...

when is everyone planning on getting there? what all do i need to bring? i.e. food, camping stuff

and total cost of camping/riding?

just crunched some numbers and decided that i cant fork over the money for the gas...4hr drive is alot of gas in my tow rig...

i will be wheeling at mtside...they are having a rockrace and swap meet... main thing is its only hr and a half from me

Back