• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch

I am not sure what I should due to make sure I dont rip off my front end I am using tow hook brakets to hold my front bumper on so it is held on by 4 bolts on each side and one is the trew bolt that is on the uni body I dont have a welder so I am wondering if this will hold up under a load any advise would be very helpful

Thanx Aaron:gee:

I am not sure what I should due to make sure I dont rip off my front end I am using tow hook brakets to hold my front bumper on so it is held on by 4 bolts on each side and one is the trew bolt that is on the uni body I dont have a welder so I am wondering if this will hold up under a load any advise would be very helpful

Thanx Aaron:gee:

?

:puke:I'm not sure what I should in order to keep from possibly being stupid and having a catastophic failure due to having my bumper installed poorly

069.jpg

so these tabs plus the factory tow hook brakets is what are holding it down now all grade 8 hardware locktite'It's sturdy but I just wanna be safe and make sure I dont pull a darwin award out of my arse anything would help I plan on buying a xrc 8 winch or something like it cheap and useable if I had the cash I would go warn or super winch but I dont have the money

Thanx

Take some angle iron and drill holes for the 2 forward most mounting holes. Weld the angle in to the front of that crossmember and the side tabs. This will strengthen it alot. It takes nothing to pull through those front little sheet metal tabs. I would recommend going back to the steering box holes though with your mounting plate.

Use the angle iron like redrider said but add a plate to the backside of the cross-member. Bolts through the angle and back plate will sandwich the cross-member and strengthen your mount system a lot. No welding involved.

Use the angle iron like redrider said but add a plate to the backside of the cross-member. Bolts through the angle and back plate will sandwich the cross-member and strengthen your mount system a lot. No welding involved.

Good Idea!

So what are thoughts on using 5000 lb winches they are a whole lot cheaper and I dont plan on pulling myself up a tree mostly hauling up whatever I am hunting .Also for mild situations where I am stuck I have used my 5 ton cable jack for 6 years now and I hardly have to use it now that I have a locker in the back of my heep.So will these little winches pull a jeep good ? (I.E.) super winch 5000 , warn 5000
Thanx

I wouldn't plan on pulling a jeep around with it to often, for game it would be fine. You could also get a pulley block to double your line pull rating but it would be super slow and you would only be able to pull like 20 ft before you had move the anchor. The small winches don't have much line on them.

what winch brand(s) are made in America?
Warn, and Ramsey, both are solely made in America..

Warns are all made in Oregon, they no longer have a plant in Mexico.

EDIT: FWIW Warn HAS outsourced some select components to over seas company's, but they are still solely based in America, employing Americans to manufacture their American based product..

Also I think their over seas parts only go on the Tabor name lable product. I would recommend a Warn even the m8000. Mine got really used for it's first time in the 12 years I have owned it. On our last trip out This old man pulled so much cable he almost fell over. I had to have Torx help for the last couple pulls

Warn, and Ramsey, both are solely made in America..

Warns are all made in Oregon, they no longer have a plant in Mexico.

EDIT: FWIW Warn HAS outsourced some select components to over seas company's, but they are still solely based in America, employing Americans to manufacture their American based product..

OK I was going to say Warn is not 100 American but close enough for me :) they are like a Chevy... American made, kinda :) Being Warn is a customer of mine I will be buying a Warn sooner than later!

Back