• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wife gave me a 10K budget for the XJ

Not a second loan. I didn't have to take the first loan, I just didn't want to take the cash out of my business account. Why are my personal ****ing finances any of your business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because you said that you took out a personal loan and almost everyone that posted thinks its a stupid idea, because it is.

Wow. Can we all just pretend he didnt say loan and that he just has a 10k budget. Geeze its his money.

No matter what you do. The first thing should be stiffeners. It doesnt matter what you wheel, how you drive, or how many miles are on the jeep. Start with stiffeners and it will save the jeep in the long run.

Save time and money. Go buy something already built.

if i had to do it all over. this is the route id go. you can find well built rigs for 6k from guys trying to get out of the game.

Thanks for those who gave good advice. Mods can close this and my account for that matter. The douche canoes that have taken over the forum are the reason I didn't renew my paid membership.

Hey, somebody has to throw some extra money at the bank so I can continue to enjoy my free checking service.

:laugh3:

Thanks for those who gave good advice. Mods can close this and my account for that matter. The douche canoes that have taken over the forum are the reason I didn't renew my paid membership.

wow..guess the truth hurts........

The worst feeling in the world is when you've done something stupid, you know it but don't want to believe it, and everyone else points it out.

Doesnt matter wrong or right. This is not a finacial support forum. Everyone has opinions, but this forum is about modifying jeeps not paying for them. Pretty lame.

I would have been interested what he could have come up with with that budget. For some people its worth it to do it in one lump some and dont have an ongoing amount of time. I know that feeling having a family and always having to work on the jeep piece by piece. I wish i had the ability to do it the way he is. All the parts i want and get it all and get it done. Rather than always waiting for some spare change and spare time. Thats what has taken me years to build my jeep and its still not done the way i want it for lack of funds and time.

We had an opportunity to be friendly and helpful and get this guy to build his xj right the first time but some of you care more about stupid things like HIS money... I'm on my 4th built xj wish I had people to tell me how and what to do right the first time

pretty sure its the banks money...

i can understand using a credit card to finance purchases through yourself, over a month or two. ive done it. sometimes its hard to swallow a large pricetag. but i have to agree that a $10k loan for something like this is not a worthwhile investment.

I think taking out a loan is fine. I'd rather pay a set price every month for a year or so than put my jeep on jack stands every time my newest purchase shows up. Buy once, cry once.

My cousin recently paid 56K for a 4 door Rubicon JK with some sort of additional "rock hard" package , so 10K for an XJ is not that bad considering what the JK guys are paying.... that being said, I love my XJ and it would have been nice looking back to do it all at once instead of nickel and dining one part at a time.

And I've bought a lot of parts on my credit card, and that is way worse than a 10K loan...

that being said, 10K can go extremely far on a XJ build. Stiffeners, geared, locked, chromos, tires , sliders, skids, steering, bumpers, cage from S&W, and probably more.

Last edited:
Here is how I built my rig. It's great on road and crawls like a monster.

• 33s
  • Clayton LAs and track bar with TB brace
  • D44 with 4.56s and ARB, raised heavy duty shock mounts, disc brakes
  • D30, 4.56s, Chromos, Super Joints, ARB, heavy duty axle brackets
  • ARB diff covers
  • Fully plated frame rails
  • Welded in 2x6 rockers
  • Custom TC and oil pan skid
  • Gas tank skid
  • 1 Ton steering
  • Front bumper with winch
  • Fox shocks
  • 4" lift (kind of cobbled together)
  • Stock Ravine wheels with spacers and Inner Air Bead Locks
  • Misc stuff like aux oil coolers, CB, lights, stero, etc

Phase two will be hydro assist, hybrid cage, and outboard rear shocks. That will put me right at your $10k budget. I know I could have bought a buggy on 40s for that kind of money, but this is what I wanted.

I don't have fancy roof racks, tire carriers, light bars, or bling wheels, but I keep up with guys on 35s and 37s all day long.

IMG_3932.JPG

Back