• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who's coming?

Never say never. Everything breaks sometime, the more you use it the closer you get to breaking sometime, and JK's have.

Nice looking XJ. You'll have a great time I guarantee it.

Ssshhh, don't tell him that I told you guys about the time his sway bar link decided it wanted to be a Boomerang instead of a rod.. Other than that, no breakage, the Rubi skids are really nice, he lays it on it's belly all the time with no carnage or mutilation. :D

Thanks for the compliment on my XJ, it's not bad, I'm excited to see how it flexes with the swaybar disconnected, it's always been hooked up - I'm hoping to see better flex the next time I go out.

Ssshhh, don't tell him that I told you guys about the time his sway bar link decided it wanted to be a Boomerang instead of a rod.. Other than that, no breakage, the Rubi skids are really nice, he lays it on it's belly all the time with no carnage or mutilation. :D

It will happen, working at a dealer I've seen the breakage, lol.

Thanks for the compliment on my XJ, it's not bad, I'm excited to see how it flexes with the swaybar disconnected, it's always been hooked up - I'm hoping to see better flex the next time I go out.

Welcome. I really like that color and you've got Jim's rock rails which are nice. It will be a world of difference with the sway bar disconnected!

I love the crowd around here, you guys all seem like good people, I can't wait to run something with you guys! :party:

My favorite line I like to drop while wheeling with my dad (usually while I'm struggling over something the JK just walked up..) is "Well, my whole Jeep cost less than your tires and wheels.." and it's a true statement, haha.

I figured that as long as I stayed away from the harder stuff then I'd be fine. Are there many guys that run around the same (low) level of equipment as me?
every thing from bone stock, to extreme shows up, and like i said before it's moab you can do 90% of the trails with your setup.

every thing from bone stock, to extreme shows up, and like i said before it's moab you can do 90% of the trails with your setup.

Sweet, I've just never been to Moab before, so I have no idea what to expect. Watching videos from Moab usually leads to watching rollover videos.. There are some from just about every trail, but I'm sure with all of your guys' experience I'd be fine / safe. :thumbup:

Sweet, I've just never been to Moab before, so I have no idea what to expect. Watching videos from Moab usually leads to watching rollover videos.. There are some from just about every trail, but I'm sure with all of your guys' experience I'd be fine / safe. :thumbup:

the rollovers on the trails outside of BFE or pritchett and behind the rocks usually are because they were dumb and not paying attention. don't get me wrong everytime you touch the dirt anywhere its a possibility but in moab it can easily be avoided if your paying attention.

the rollovers on the trails outside of BFE or pritchett and behind the rocks usually are because they were dumb and not paying attention. don't get me wrong everytime you touch the dirt anywhere its a possibility but in moab it can easily be avoided if your paying attention.

With plenty of other guys around I'm sure there are enough eyes to keep all 4 tires (well, sometimes 3.. occasionally 2..) on the ground. :D

With plenty of other guys around I'm sure there are enough eyes to keep all 4 tires (well, sometimes 3.. occasionally 2..) on the ground. :D

You'll quickly pickup on who you want to spot for you or not. Just focus on one spotter, ask questions as you like, and remember as the driver it's your choice to listen to the spotter or not since it's your Jeep. You'll be fine and once you've gone you will be hooked! :)

You'll quickly pickup on who you want to spot for you or not. Just focus on one spotter, ask questions as you like, and remember as the driver it's your choice to listen to the spotter or not since it's your Jeep. You'll be fine and once you've gone you will be hooked! :)

excellent advice right there! when 10 people are trying to tell you what to do pick one and tell the rest to shut up LOL

Yeah, true story on the muiltiple people yelling different things, it gets annoying!

I have to remind my dad all the time that you can't say left or right, driver / passenger is way less confusing.. Also, bump it = BUMP IT = Get it on up there.. He doesn't seem to think so.. Last time we had that argument I lost a shock mount and destroyed a shock :laugh2:

dsc09144c.jpg

(Yeah, those shocks were too long, I have shorter ones ready to be put on after I fab up some new mounts.)

Drove the 90 for two weeks before I realized I broke a shock in Moab. Rear shocks don't do a whole lot on XJ's.

Drove the 90 for two weeks before I realized I broke a shock in Moab. Rear shocks don't do a whole lot on XJ's.

I noticed it right away because it became an anchor... :laugh2:

I did notice a difference on the rocks too, I had a helluva lot more wheel hop, especially after I ripped off the other shock my next time out... It makes for a REALLY bouncy ride.

Right now I'm 75% committed to make this trip. Will have to see how work goes as we get closer.

Im either coming to this one or the Table Mesa event... hell maybe I'll just do both!

With just under a month to go.... we have more than 20 Jeeps confirmed and several more maybe's. Looks as though this year we will have a good turnout.... party1:

Back