• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Steering would you do and why?

uncc civilengineer said:
Yeah, I would say they have by far the easiest/best install.. Everything fit perfectly.. But its expensive.

Also, im not positive but isnt the JCR setup still the Inverted "Y"? So, does it fix the dead spots, ect?

It's not an inverted Y, its an inverted T. They do address the dead spot.

bknudtsen said:
Nobody has mentioned the Currie set-up yet. It's beefy, it firmed up my steering and allows easy use of a stabilizer. Still the inverted y though.

http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/220.html

Personally, I was trying to get away from that design. I could be mistaken but Currie doenst do anyting other that beef up the rod, and TRE thread itself. Plus the TRE's are $49 ea tp replace and you cant get them just anywhere.

I found this on another forum:

U-Turn Steering:
-Note: My ORO steering did NOT work with stock height suspension. The pitman arm tie rod slammed the tie rod knocking the zerk off, and bending the tie rod. ORO says that there may be a "slight interference" at full compression... IMHO you need to do a 2" budget boost or greater to provide clearance for this otherwise bulletproof system. Otherwise save your money and get a larger tie rod and save your money.
-Bump steer on-road seems to be a little more noticeable over expansion joints, and any where that both tires compress or expand at the same time. The steering wheel follows the axle vertical movement.
-Offroad, the system really opens up the suspension to work truly independent of each side.

Back