• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which political party are you?

Which?

• Total voters
Unfortunately, Jimmy Carter made a Republican out of me.

He was possibly the weakest Southern Democrat in history.

Show me a strong Southern Democrat that actually deals with the issues that are plaguing this country, and I may defect.

Maybe.

boise49ers said:
Oh Man come to Boise sometime. It is huge here and I live on their main drag. I live along the foothills going into the National Forest and my job is right down the same street. 1.25 mile commute. Anyway those fawktards ride 3 a breast and don't stop for stop signs and don't have too. I used to throw a fit until I contacted Traffic Control on the BPD. They had legislation passed saying they could do both. If you toot your horn to let them know you are approaching there is a good chance they will flip you off. They boil my blood. After a few run ins and finding out I had heart diease I had to calm down. Plus my grand daughter is with me quite a bit so I think about that too. I wish the things were never created at this point. Sorry for getting off track, but this thread has did a lot of that
:)

Are they riding on Hwy 21? You got to have a death wish to ride along Moore's Creek. Sometimes I wonder if they're not actually hoping to get killed, they're so flippant about the risks they take.

Tom in KY said:
Unfortunately, Jimmy Carter made a Republican out of me.

He was possibly the weakest Southern Democrat in history.

Show me a strong Southern Democrat that actually deals with the issues that are plaguing this country, and I may defect.

Maybe.

Hah. My dad is Democrat all the way and he absolutely hates Carter. He says Carter is the only President who flat out lied about what he would do when elected. Talking about Carter absolutely burns his butt. It's fun sometimes to bring it up just to get him going.

I Am a Proud Liberal Democrat

I know I am in the minority on this board, but all republicans and the damn church people want to live your life for you. Repubs are nothing but a bunch of chickenshit, silverspooned, rich boys who never learned to shoot straight. There is a reason the democrats have a ton more veterans on their side than repugs.

My liberal friends are a lot more fun and a lot less uptight than my bible-thumping repug friends. Just sayin . . .

When I was 19, I asked my dad to explain the difference between Democrats and Republicans.

He said,"Democrats are for equal outcome and Republicans are for equal opportunity."

From what I've seen since then, He's right!

I'm Republican as far as I can tell and that's how I vote. At least they generally know what they Believe in.

If I want retirement, I should save for it. If I want to provide Workers Comp for my guys as a benefit, I can. I should not be forced.....Unions...Don't get started...OSHA...

If I want money, I can go out and try, try, try until I make a living for myself. I shouldn't expect the government to save me when I give in to the lazy demon.....Welfare has it's place, but come on!

OK That's enough. Oh, javajeep better have proof of that veterans stat he threw out there because I have relatives in the armed forces that say BS.

I am a Republican because I believe that every person is responsible for their own actions. I see the Democrat Party as always looking for someone to blame for their problems. My parents didn't love me enough , I didn't get a fair chance , he's a rascist , she hates men. That and how quickly Democrat will embrace junk science.

passxj said:
When I was 19, I asked my dad to explain the difference between Democrats and Republicans.

He said,"Democrats are for equal outcome and Republicans are for equal opportunity."

From what I've seen since then, He's right!

I'm Republican as far as I can tell and that's how I vote. At least they generally know what they Believe in.

If I want retirement, I should save for it. If I want to provide Workers Comp for my guys as a benefit, I can. I should not be forced.....Unions...Don't get started...OSHA...

If I want money, I can go out and try, try, try until I make a living for myself. I shouldn't expect the government to save me when I give in to the lazy demon.....Welfare has it's place, but come on!

OK That's enough. Oh, javajeep better have proof of that veterans stat he threw out there because I have relatives in the armed forces that say BS.

I don't think I'd heard it put that way, but it makes sense. A few points...

"Unions" had their time - but it's mostly come and gone. They were needed when they got started, because that was when companies would work people pretty much to death, and they were "replaceable commodities." Read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair...

Workman's Comp should be provided - but current management is inefficient and wasteful. Almost as much as WC Fraud.

Welfare? Welfare is in need of MASSIVE overhaul. I can sort of see the need for it from time to time, but if we're going to pump all these public dollars into people, I'd like to see the public get something back. Do public works jobs if you want to be "on the dole" - even digging ditches would be an improvement. Either that, or go to trade school for a year or so, so you CAN get a job!
Either way, Welfare needs two things:
1) A time limit. No "subsidised living in perpetuity."
2) A ceiling. No having more kids to get more welfare dollars - when you go on the dole, you get assessed as to what you're going to get, and that's it. It might go up for "cost of living" increases, but it won't go up because you had a kid we didn't count the first time.

I tend to think other reforms are necessary, but that's a good place to start.

I'd also like to see some serious tax reform - perhaps a "flat tax" of five to seven percent (and DAMN the tax brackets!) or a National Retail Sales Tax of five to seven percent, assessed in similar manner as the various state sales taxes (not on staple foodstuffs or labour, and on everything else,) which would give US some control - to some extent - on how much money we give the government. Dismantle the petty fiefdoms that exist in the "civil service" for little more reason than the egos of bureaucrats, and make 'em work for a living... Congresscritters get enough "fringe" benefits, so cut their pay as well. It's called "civil service" for a reason, I think...

5-90

We see pretty much eye to eye there Jon.

The only thing I don't think I stated well is that I think Companies should have the choice to provide Workers Comp as a benefit. I would still carry it even if it were not required. I could almost give my guys health, life, and maybe disability insurances for what I pay on Comp. If it wasn't required, rates would fall dramatically as the unsafe employers dropped coverage.

Oh, back to the topic....Republican because it "Feels" right.

Re: I Am a Proud Liberal Democrat

javajeep said:
I know I am in the minority on this board, but all republicans and the damn church people want to live your life for you. Repubs are nothing but a bunch of chickenshit, silverspooned, rich boys who never learned to shoot straight. There is a reason the democrats have a ton more veterans on their side than repugs.

My liberal friends are a lot more fun and a lot less uptight than my bible-thumping repug friends. Just sayin . . .

Are you kidding me?

Democrats are the ones who want big government to run every aspect of your life, who do you think wants more of your money to fund this big government, to "live your life for you"?

Last edited:
Re:

BRIANHO13 said:
Are you kidding me?

Democrats are the ones who want big government to run every aspect of your life, who do you think wants more of your money to fund this big government, to "live your life for you"?
Well I'm not sure if that is a true statement. Bush has been far from Conservative when it comes to spending your tax dollars. The military is a Government enity. That is where most of the tax dollars are going right now. That isn't exactly small government. Government is government no exceptions because it all drains dollars. You can say , but we are keeping terrorist out of the USA. To that I say yeah right. They will be back and hit us again no matter whether we are killing Arabs in the Mideast or not. Secure our borders and let the Mideast do what it has been doing for Thousands of years, killing each other. We ain't gonna change it, no one has yet. Example is on CNN every night.

5-90 said:
Congresscritters get enough "fringe" benefits, so cut their pay as well. It's called "civil service" for a reason, I think...

5-90

Why do I have to work year 'round and my Congressman gets 2 months off for Christmas and New Year's?

I'm not deeply religious either, but if we want to keep God out of the government, they should work on Sunday too.

boise49ers said:
I'm far from Liberal
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

TRNDRVR said:
<edit> Oooops, I didn't notice your smiley either. My bad!
I think both posts were in the same spirit. :cheers:

Everyone who thinks the democrats are for BIG government and the the repugnants are the party if small government need to stop listening to Limpballs on the radio and use your own eyes and your own mind to answer the following questions:

1. Which party believes that you should not spend more money than you have? Democrats.

2. Which party puts everything on the USA credit card? Repugnants

The taxes of my children are going to be paying off the debt that asshat has been accumulating over the past 6 years.

I wish the Big Dog was still getting blow jobs in the oval office.

javajeep said:
Everyone who thinks the democrats are for BIG government and the the repugnants are the party if small government need to stop listening to Limpballs on the radio and use your own eyes and your own mind to answer the following questions:

1. Which party believes that you should not spend more money than you have? Democrats.

2. Which party puts everything on the USA credit card? Repugnants

The taxes of my children are going to be paying off the debt that asshat has been accumulating over the past 6 years.

I wish the Big Dog was still getting blow jobs in the oval office.

Woo Hoo ! I wish I was getting blowjobs in my office.:shocked:

1. Which party believes that you should not spend more money than you have? BOTH! Are you blind to the facts?.

2. Which party puts everything on the USA credit card? BOTH!

I wish the Big Dog was still getting blow jobs in the oval office.(yeah, so we could completely disassemble and neglect our military.):confused1

Bush is not the cause of all of the worlds problems, it would be nice if that were true, but it isn't.

Which party belives in a policy of "we must protect the citizens from themselves, we must give them everything they need, and we must charge them four times what they would pay for these things themselves."

At this point in history Republicans are better for our country than Dems would be. That said I'm still other.

I was a Republican for 40 years and am so sick of the lyin', cheatin', bastards running the gubmint on both sides of the isle I'd vote for a talking horse right about now. Will Rogers had it right when he said that anyone who wanted to hold public office shouldn't be allowed to run.

it all about votes for the Democrats.
They try to make the little guy feel like they're doing something for them.
well, I got knews for you. Dems aren't doing jack.
we're all dissappointed in oil prices.
but, the economy is doing well.
the jobless numbers are down and rates are good.

...BOB

Fish'nCarz said:
I was a Republican for 40 years and am so sick of the lyin', cheatin', bastards running the gubmint on both sides of the isle I'd vote for a talking horse right about now. Will Rogers had it right when he said that anyone who wanted to hold public office shouldn't be allowed to run.

Worth repeating.:spin1: :wave1:

Back