• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to mount switches? Answer inside!

here is my setup
picture.php

picture.php
Mike37- Jeep looks good. Is that a stock roof console? If so what year is it from? I like the way that looks. Thanks

For the ones mounted in the overhead consule, do you have to look behind you to operate the switches?

I have to give a whole hearted recommendation to this vendor. I bought three contura switches last week from him for my OBA, fogs, and Hella lights. After test wiring them all I went to remove the quick disconnects from the back to install the switches and one of the terminals actually removed itself from the switch body. A quick call to OTRATTW and he apologised and sent out a new switch the same day. He even sent out a free rocker removal tool to take the actuator off my old switch and install on the new one he's sending. Thats great customer service and he will be getting any repeat business I have I know that. :yelclap:

where did you get the plastic filler panel? I'm never sure where to get the stupid stuff, nor do I know what its called to search the internet for a supplier.

edit: don't mean the thing the switches snap into, i ment the part that he cut and screwed over the cubby hole.

I fabbed that part from 1/16 (I think) sheet stock I had laying around my garage, painted black. I just cut it to make it cover the cubby hoie (which had to be cut out, too to make room for the switches and their connectors) and then cut one big hole for the switch mounting panels (got everything from Waytek Wiring) and ran power to under the console, grounded the switches, and ran the cat-5 to my FitchBox under the drivers seat.

Good luck with your project,

What about the safety switches that have the red peice that you have to flip up?!

answer for south florida water runner; where water cant get them.

Picture359.jpg

Picture358.jpg

Picture356.jpg

Picture334.jpg

Picture333.jpg

edit: wires dont hang down anymore, this was from when i first put this all together.
GEEEZ! I'd hate to be in your without a helmet. So, does the top of you head have scars like a pro wrestler's?

Here we go again Wim!

Neat installation and one I want to copy someday.

(I hope you realize I was kidding about your picture host in the previous thread.)

Bob

Back