• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to mount switches? Answer inside!

Ok, I have completed the light switch. Instead of 8, I fit 10...but it was by accident. I mis-measured a cut and had to figure out how to fix it. I could have cut everything out and mounted a new piece of ABS, but I figured I'd try this out instead.

I ran out of 14awg black, so I used red...I hope the electrons don't mind.
switch1.jpg

switch2.jpg

switch3.jpg

So now I have switches, and a cool relay box, now all I need are things to be controlled by them!

Wounded XJ said:
How does this effect your AC/Heater?

there's enough room for a smallish CB radio in that location. thats the exact location i plan on putting switches for lockers, lights and anything else. see i dont like rocker switches, i like toggles.

pierceME311 said:
That too is my only gripe with waytek wire. I wanted to buy one of their tools to remove the rocker cover from the switch body itself and you have to order 3 of them, WTF? the switch bodies themselfs they don't have a minimum but the covers are 7 count minimum.
On their website they say its a $5 min purchase per item, $35 order minimum to avoid an order charge... They do have a lot of good electrical stuff so the $35 minimum shouldn't be that hard to reach if you have a few electrical projects going.

"Do you have a minimum order?
The minimum required for each item is 100 pieces or $5.00, whichever is less. A small order charge of $5.00 will be added to your total charges if the merchandise is less than $35.00. You can combine your needs to eliminate this charge."
http://www.waytekwire.com/FAQ.htm#minimum_order

FitchVA said:
that kind of hacketry will start fires man. you shouldn't do that EVER

Its ok, I made sure to pay attention to the direction of the wire for proper current flow...don't want t install those wires backwards you know!

I bought wire in bulk a few years ago (800 feet....100 feet of 4 through 18 gauge.)

Red and black were the most expensive. Other colors were cheaper, like white.

So I got all of my wire in white.

When I wire, it's easy to designate which is positive and which is negative, so it hasn't been a problem for me. Plus I always circuit breaker and fuse everything so problems cannot possibly arise!

This thread has been dead for a year, but I thought I would put my $.02 in:

104_1739.jpg

I had this posted in a rocklight thread as well, but it seems more appropriate here...

Anyways, Happy Wheelin'!

This thread has been dead for a year, but I thought I would put my $.02 in:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/elaubuch/Rocklights/104_1739.jpg

I had this posted in a rocklight thread as well, but it seems more appropriate here...

Anyways, Happy Wheelin'!

where did you get the plastic filler panel? I'm never sure where to get the stupid stuff, nor do I know what its called to search the internet for a supplier.

edit: don't mean the thing the switches snap into, i ment the part that he cut and screwed over the cubby hole.

Last edited:
I´ve just bought this console, it´s called "MudPod" and is sold through a UK-based company. It´s made for a LandRover Defender, but if you don´t tell this to anyone no one will know :rolleyes:

It has room for up to 11 ARB-style switches (Carlingtech Contura) or up to 5 gauges (2 1/4") or any combination of that. I´ll mount it above the radio.

Manufacturer: www.mudstuff.co.uk/Mudpod.html
I´ve bought it here: www.nakatanenga.de

mudpod.jpg

Back