• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to mount switches? Answer inside!

mecompco said:
Nice idea! Here's mine:

ARB_Switches02.jpg

ARB_Switches01.jpg

B-B-B-But where do you put your sunglasses? :D

You wouldn't happen to have any closeup pics or this in a higher resolution?

Thanks! I'll probably redesign this again using a 9 gang switch holder (when I find one), and update the GPS. The trucks been under the knife for about 4 months, repairing the floors, rebuilding rear storage boxes etc. Point being everything is extremely dirty from media blasting etc.

I'll have to charge the batteries beforem I show the LED colors.

DSC_0134_sm.jpg

Ok, now that my order is in I will share the site where I found the V1DAJ66B switches and blue actuators:

http://www.otrattw.com/

I also found where you can buy the V1DAJ66Bs alone (no blue actuator) as an ARB replacement switch part number ARB180209. You can find these at a variety of off-road shops online.

xj4fun said:
After seeing the Carling Contura Rockers that ARB uses, I spent a fair amount of time researching Carling switches. They are available in LED versions with differing colors as well as a few differing actuator options. They tend to be hard to find, with Ebay being a fair source.

I got mine from a small vendor in Alaska. Remember you need both the switches and actuators verifying the switch configuration fits your desired application.

Outdated photo, but outlines the concept. This version was green 'running' LED’s, with orange non legend when closed (on). Current version is Contura IV green 'running' LED’s with red for ‘on’ with legend actuators.

overhead_shelf_small.jpg

Do you see out of the window?

On another note I've bought a bunch of wire from Waytek. Great prices & fast service!!

Blaine B. said:
Do you see out of the window?

Yep :).. The visors are normally tilted about 190 degrees the other way, providing a bit more visibility. I rotated them forward for the photos as they tend to hide the shelf (which I prefer).

A taller person (I'd guess above 5'7 or so) would definately have reduced visibility :eek: .

I dont have any pics right now but the switches i have are located on the center console. Right next to the shifter knob. You know how there is about 4" of black plastic right there? Well it just pops out and is very easy to install switches and it looks decent. Plus it puts them out of the way, but still visible. (And they wont interefere with any other part of peoples XJ's because there is nothing there!!)

that's a good idea... I was going to build a radioshack switch panel like FitchVA did (no overhead console), but this might be worth a little experimenting. I'll have to pick up one from work on Monday.

xj4fun said:
Thanks! I'll probably redesign this again using a 9 gang switch holder (when I find one), and update the GPS. The trucks been under the knife for about 4 months, repairing the floors, rebuilding rear storage boxes etc. Point being everything is extremely dirty from media blasting etc.

I'll have to charge the batteries beforem I show the LED colors.

DSC_0134_sm.jpg

Is that an additional sound bar mounted just behind the front seats or som sort of trick photography?

smccollamjr said:
Is that an additional sound bar mounted just behind the front seats or som sort of trick photography?

Exactly what I was wondering, that might be a great solution for removable doors.

MongoXJ said:
Exactly what I was wondering, that might be a great solution for removable doors.

Nope no tricks :). I relocated the sound bar forward so I could fork mount my MTB's in the back. Otherwise the MTB seats hit the sound bar.

Hope this helps..

Back