• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where does everyone stay?

Kejtar said:
I've stayed in the cabins for the past 5 years or so, and haven't had any problems. Yeah, they're plain and simple: 4 walls, roof and a door with a window or two... but what else do you need?
I like Slickrock better than Canyonlands Campground for our Fling. More space between campsights, more parking room, more party room, no grills at Canyonlands and fewer firepits.

Rev Den said:
Lets say you had unlimited funds.

Where would you stay?

Rev
OHHH, I'd buy a huge motorhome & stay at Slickrock with the group. If I really didn't have that much money I'd stay at the closest super hotel with room service, in the penthouse. Thom

tcharon said:
OHHH, I'd buy a huge motorhome & stay at Slickrock with the group.

Me too. but since I don't I'm staying in $265 per night, 3 bedroom, 2ba, 2 car garage luxury condo next to the community center and pool. The luxury of the condo is because the wife is coming, and maybe my Dad also. If it was just Mary (RightSeatSis) and myself we would stay at the campground.

I've done all three, Slickrock in RV, bestwestern and Condo. Slickrock is convient, best western nice, condo's pool keeps the bride happy. She won't trail ride.

C-Ya there.
Tom

We are probably going to have to either go with a nice cabin or a cheaper motel. If it was just me, I'd tent camp, but since the wife is coming, she wants a decent bed and climate control :D

That being said, either Slickrock cabins or whatever Expedia finds for cheap.

Goatman said:
Wow! That's harsh.

They fill up fast every year. I stayed in one at the 20th anniversary event, and it was fine. Though, I'm dense enough I probably wouldn't have noticed the lice......... :D
I should have put a smiley there I guess.

I like Slickrock for a campground but after seeing some other cabins around town, their cabins leave a lot to be desired.

I most likely will be staying at Slickrock in my camper though. I like the shade trees

Kejtar said:
well... I got my reservation in today :) Slickrock again :D
I got mine in Slickrock also, Oct 3 to 13. Anyone, come early, stay late, we'll get extra wheelin. Thom

tcharon said:
I got mine in Slickrock also, Oct 3 to 13. Anyone, come early, stay late, we'll get extra wheelin. Thom
they made me use the online form.... I'll call them today to confirm just in case it's not workign right. Btw, how did you make the reservation and did you get a confirmation of the reservation?

Kejtar said:
they made me use the online form.... I'll call them today to confirm just in case it's not workign right. Btw, how did you make the reservation and did you get a confirmation of the reservation?
I did mine online Wed. night. No comfermation yet, I'll call today also but I think they're closed for the season. We may have to do it all online. Thom

Kejtar said:

i got a cabin from the 5th to the 13th of october 2008

did the online thing this morning...have my email confirmation now...

gave me 10% for being with the NAXJA Moab 25th event...

mac 'is it time to go yet?' gyvr

macgyvr said:
i got a cabin from the 5th to the 13th of october 2008

did the online thing this morning...have my email confirmation now...

gave me 10% for being with the NAXJA Moab 25th event...

mac 'is it time to go yet?' gyvr

woot woot! got my confirmation email this morning also. see you guys on the 4th :moon:

Slickrock here we come! :D

Kejtar said:
Got my Confirmation by e-mail this morning. In on Friday the 3rd out Monday the 13th. I'm in site # 66 across from cabin 5 this time. Thom

Back