• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are the welders of Socal????

Cherikon

NAXJA Forum User
Hello fellow Socal peeps, who among you has the skills enough to weld on some parts for my upcoming lift?

What needs to be welded: TnT Frame Stiffeners for now.

Any takers?

I compensate in beer and food items (I went to culinary school, so I can basically cook Martha Stewart into a box):cheers:

Please let me know because I am coming up on a year of not having my custom lift kit on---- it's starting to bug me. Plus I just bought a house and the Jeep had to take the back burner for a while.

Ready to commence the welding at this time though.

Thanks for chiming in....

Last edited:
I can weld with oxy, the olny process i have done in school lol. But i got a A in the class :p

peace
ted

ps if you have the oxy fuel welding unit and a ride for me i will do it hahahahah

I can weld with oxy, the olny process i have done in school lol. But i got a A in the class :p

peace
ted

ps if you have the oxy fuel welding unit and a ride for me i will do it hahahahah

Ted,

That's cool you weld in school. I do not have any welding equipment. Thanks for the offer though.

I weld pretty well, but my unit is a 135 Miller 110v welder, and anything that's important I usually leave to the 220 crowd. I would personally trust the welds, because it's a good little machine haha. Anyhow... :)

I weld pretty well, but my unit is a 135 Miller 110v welder, and anything that's important I usually leave to the 220 crowd. I would personally trust the welds, because it's a good little machine haha. Anyhow... :)

Mine is a 110v unit too, and it works alot better than the millermatic I just sold. Plus it does TIG too....

Mine is a 110v unit too, and it works alot better than the millermatic I just sold. Plus it does TIG too....

What kind do you have, and how would it be good for someone to learn on?

I am seriously considering getting a welder.

Thanks

You can borrow mine while I'm gone to play with Mike.

I have a snap-on muscle mig MM140sl, with the TIG option. I didn't like it at first, because it kept blowing my 20 amp breaker. After Slim rewired my garage with another 220 plug, and a dedicated 30 amp 110v plug just for this welder, my mind changed. This thing is bad ass... 100% duty cycle at 140 amps, and rated for 1/4in. It's the only welder I will keep, unless I find a smoking deal on it's bigger brother the MM250sl.

EDIT:
You could learn to weld on this machine, but I'm no teacher, and you probably don't want to learn my bad habits

As for my weekends, I have a 2 month old daughter that gets all my free time. if you had the frame rails already stripped and ready to weld, I would think it would be pretty easy after that.

JUstin

I leave mid august.

Back