• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When did the SoCal forum become the Group-Buy and Advertising forum?

tcm glx said:
WOW, that is a pretty aggressive comment to make Cpt Ron,.......you stating this from facts????:sure:

I am, and not even including facts you would not even be aware of here.

erikwylie said:
That is a pretty bold statement since you have no Freaking Clue who I am or what I do!

I don't really need to. I can put my money where my mouth is, can you? Offer still stands, I'll give you an education kid. Come on up, have a few beers, and I'll show you a different point of view. I'll put money on it that you won't feel this way when you leave.

hellbilly04 said:
and what is wrong with working out of garage and trying to start a business Ron? Not everyone has a multi million dollar shop to work at, have to start somehwere....Right?

Nothing, if that's in fact what you are doing. There's a bunch more to business than selling stuff to your freinds, and there's nothing wrong with that either. Supporting raffles? Good on ya.

But this is about free advertising that companies NAXJA wishes were sponsors don't get. You think that's fair trade? There's places in the world you folks get up in arms about that have these trade practices, but it's ok for your interests?

Sponsorship, you guys tell me why would anyone want to pay for the priveledge here?

--ron

Let's act like adults and stop throwing a fit because some ego's might have been bruised here. Everyone should abide by the rules and if the rules are unclear, lets make them clear as a bell.

So let's come up with some solutions to make everyone happy:

1. Group Buys go in SoCal For Sale sub-forum if the items are not mass produced or manufactured by you and/or if you are not affiliated with the mfr.

2. If you are mass producing or manufacturing the products, become a NAXJA sponsor/vendor and post it in the Vendors forum.

Any other ideas? thoughts? or shall we state more criteria? everyone needs to play fair. Some sponsored vendors feel cheated by others that dont follow the rules.

djblade311 said:
Let's act like adults and stop throwing a fit because some ego's might have been bruised here. Everyone should abide by the rules and if the rules are unclear, lets make them clear as a bell.

1. Group Buys go in SoCal For Sale sub-forum if the items are not mass produced or manufactured by you and/or if you are not affiliated with the mfr.

2. If you are mass producing or manufacturing the products, become a NAXJA sponsor/vendor and post it in the Vendors forum.

Any other ideas? thoughts?

Josh, the solutions were and are common sense, and in place the last time this was an issue. Act on it or don't, but re-writing it everytime is dumb.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Josh, the solutions were and are common sense, and in place the last time this was an issue. Act on it or don't, but re-writing it everytime is dumb.

--ron

Not necessarily trying to rewrite but I'm saying that if it's unclear to those that violate, how do we make it black and white? Dumb it down or just fill in the void? :)

So I guess I should restate my last post, what part of the rules are unclear?

Captain Ron said:
But this is about free advertising that companies NAXJA wishes were sponsors don't get. You think that's fair trade? There's places in the world you folks get up in arms about that have these trade practices, but it's ok for your interests?

Sponsorship, you guys tell me why would anyone want to pay for the priveledge here?

--ron

In his defense Ron, Billy has been struggling to become a sponsor for quite some time. I also believe he donated a set of $350 Billy Bars to the raffle... which he didn't need to do, seeing as he's not a vendor/sponsor yet. I think that shows good faith, and should give him a little bit of wiggle room when it comes to advertising since technically he's put up the "fee" for forum sponsorship and is getting absolutely no advertisement besides word of mouth.

Just my $.02

Captain Ron said:
I am, and not even including facts you would not even be aware of here.

I don't really need to. I can put my money where my mouth is, can you? Offer still stands, I'll give you an education kid. Come on up, have a few beers, and I'll show you a different point of view. I'll put money on it that you won't feel this way when you leave.

Nothing, if that's in fact what you are doing. There's a bunch more to business than selling stuff to your freinds, and there's nothing wrong with that either. Supporting raffles? Good on ya.

--ron

I guess us "new guys" don't know any better right captain ron. We should all way for an old grump that has been around forever teach us!

Please teach us.. I am holding my breath waiting for your wealth of knowledge.

donating to a chapter raffle doesnt entitle you to National sponsorship and nor did we promise any National sponsorship. The donations were at a local level but if someone wants National sponsorship, they have to go through the proper channels to do so

cracker said:
Oof..........

Where is that pic?

Looks like it is a trend for the SoCal absentee Presidents to allow the VP to do what ever the fuck he wants.....................
Cracker: you are the master of stirring stuff up for the sake of stirring stuff up. I applaud you.

silverslk said:
7 pages in 3 hours........is that a record?

Not to mention over 1,000 views...

djblade311 said:

Any other ideas? thoughts? or shall we state more criteria? everyone needs to play fair. Some sponsored vendors feel cheated by others that dont follow the rules.
Group buys are a weird creature and there was discussion about what to do with them. Looks like the topic needs more discussion. So... from this point on till something better comes up we will have all group buys reside in the for sale forum. After I spend some quality time with the jeep tonight I will move all the valid group buy threads to the for sale forum.

Also, I would like to remind all that profanity is not allowed on the forums.

Back