• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When did the SoCal forum become the Group-Buy and Advertising forum?

cracker said:
He didn't miss much ;)

Nope this forum is becoming nothing but a glorified Bulliten Board!!! I thought this was about jeeps, not people whining about group buys that actually pertain to jeeps and products for jeeps.

I personally think that with the way the Big Bear raffle turned out, (no offense to those that donated) NAXJA SoCal Chapter would be begging for products!!! These "GroupBuys" from local people are a perfect source for sponsership, but getting that sponsership is like pulling f&#king teeth!!!! WTF!!!!

Wow, this thread has really gone off the wall...

First off, I have been one to put many group buys here, so if it is offending someone, my apologies, but you only have my apologies after you have the decency to address me about it directly. Or is there a policy against it that I am unaware of…if that is the case, I formally apologize for not having followed such policy.
Second off, I would like to know why it is impacting or hurting anyone, if you don’t like it, skip the thread. The way I see it, a guy wants a product, so to get a better deal, you get the vendor to sell three or four or 10 of them, and get a better price for everyone.......sounds like a win win, or maybe I am def.
I may be blind to it, but nobody complained when things were donated to the chapter for the BB Run right?????
On a last note, I have heard many people struggle to become a running banner on the board, go figure; it is difficult to actually become a true sponsor
Oh, and one more last note....why don’t we have a group buy sub thread like in other forums. Oh, and another thing, I thought profanity wasn't allowed on the forums??

erikwylie said:
Nope this forum is becoming nothing but a glorified Bulliten Board!!! I thought this was about jeeps, not people whining about group buys that actually pertain to jeeps and products for jeeps.

I personally think that with the way the Big Bear raffle turned out, (no offense to those that donated) NAXJA SoCal Chapter would be begging for products!!! These "GroupBuys" from local people are a perfect source for sponsership, but getting that sponsership is like pulling f&#king teeth!!!! WTF!!!!

Wrong. You need to step back and get a clue.

--ron

cal said:
No examples, no pointing fingers at one person or group.

The point is that not very long ago, for sale / group buy / services offered threads were not allowed in the SoCal forum, and now its 10% of the threads.

Hey Cal, my aplologies, are you saying that these threads are ok, but should be in the SO CAL FOR SALE Forum....if so, I am totally cool and agree with that....as a matter of fact, some other forums have a sub section specifically for group buys...thumbs up to that!!

FordGuy said:
How about a group buy on new Ford Vehicles! Help a brother out!
Hey, i was just gonna say...Maybe I can get a group buy going on the new Ford F250's..those are awesome!!

Sponsorship is a whole seperate issue. The program was completely dead when I very reluctantly took it over, and it was a long, painstaking and difficult process to get the first sponsor signed up.

Right now I am working on the 'actual' process, getting it PDF'd, getting paperwork in order, getting the web pages updated, and when that is done, will enroll everyone who has been trying to get in the program. People who have contacted me asking about it know that.

As far as the point of THIS THREAD, ..well, I'm not going to retype what I typed a few minutes ago, go back and read.

cal said:
Seriously. Its kind of getting old; particularly when the group buys are for peoples own products.

Thats all you typed Cal....be more specific.......where should GROUP BUYS fall?

tcm glx said:
Thats all you typed Cal....be more specific.......where should GROUP BUYS fall?

Well, IMO, they probably belong in For Sale.. But I don't run this chapter and that decision isn't mine to make.

I was just pointing out an observation.

The Sponsosrhip program thing is partially my fault and I'll set up and say so. It was going bad and I handed it off, I didn't pay any attention to it after the fact (in fact to NAXJA as a whole becuase I was busy) and didn't realize the guy I handed it to abondanded it until Cal contacted me.

That aside the group buy business and sponsorship are seperate issues. If you must do business I'd suggest using the Vendors forum.

erikwylie said:
Not wrong and I have a clue!

Still wrong and still without a clue. I can fill you in on the why and wherefores if you are ever interested.

Keeping in mind that I run an actual business, not work out of my garage, and that I have firsthand experience of what it takes to get "real" sponsors to support NAXJA, having organized a couple of the larger giftings over the last few years.

I'm sure you have that kind of experience, so I know what I'll have to say about all of this will just be so much rambling conpared to what you guys know.

:D

--ron

cal said:
Well, IMO, they probably belong in For Sale.. But I don't run this chapter and that decision isn't mine to make.

I was just pointing out an observation.

Very different opinion that what it sounded like originally, and I agree with it Cal.

silverslk said:
FINALLY............

A confrontation that I am not IN!!!! I get to sit back and grab the popcorn. HAHAHAHA:wave1:

haha...im there with you andy...only i usually dont get in confrontations

inout.gif

silverslk said:
FINALLY............

A confrontation that I am not IN!!!! I get to sit back and grab the popcorn. HAHAHAHA:wave1:

HAHAHAHAHA< This is your secret BDAY present Andy!!

Hey Cal, didnt you post up in the loose nuts thread supporting it...???

OH THANKS TONY!!!! I really enjoy this (for the most part). I have comments but am keeping them to myself (B-day gift to the wife...keeping my mouth closed more often.haha).

This could be a reality series. You guys have high ratings. I see no less than 8 people in this thread everytime I look. haha

Back