• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's it worth, what would you pay?

DanMan2k06

NAXJA Forum User
An opportunity arose and I may be picking up another XJ, just wondering what you guys think would be a fair price. I only have one pic, and it's not of much use.

photo-135.jpg

It's a 98, auto, 231, 8.25, sport with grey interior. Very clean exterior, clean interior. It's had the header panel and right front fender replaced/re-painted, but decently so. NO RUST! I couldn't find a speck of it in all the usual places, as well as underneath. Runs and drives fine, but will need an alternator soon (it whines pretty loud when e-fan kicks on). She says it has a gauge cluster problem, but new ones are $25 at the yard so not worried in the least. All the typical oil leaks.

Here's the kicker... it's got 230k on the clock. She also mentioned the flexplate had been replaced because it was cracked and making bad knocking noises.

What would this go for in your guys' markets? In comparison, I bought my current one in almost identical condition, with 100k less miles and a "blown head gasket" for $750. You can see it parked next to her :)

I don't think I would have an issue paying $1800-2000. Might seem a little high, but I swear these things are going to be extinct soon. She hasn't mentioned an asking price yet so I'm just spitballing in my head here. My buddy recently bought a 2000, and it took 5 tries to find one that didn't have any rust.

3 or more here if they know it has no issues... dunno what I'd offer.

Snapped a few other pics today.

photo-136.jpg

photo-137.jpg

photo-138.jpg

photo-139.jpg

When i say clean I don't mean show status, but with a good detail, some buffing, and a decent amount of carpet shampoo, it would make a damn nice looking DD.

Back