• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would you replace your XJ with?

Early 60s K10 short bed + 6.0 / 4L80E / 205 / 44 / 60.
Not really a Jeep replacement, though. Maybe a blazer?

I would consider a 5.9 zj.... but that's it

i already replaced it with a bigger piece of junk. i love it. (pardon the instagram filter..)

sJAvQFT.jpg

I like these.

Replaced my XJ with J10 because I'm an idiot.

More expensive to build, more work to build, less off the shelf parts,and still wont be as capable or practical as my XJ's that cost me a fraction to build were.

But at least they look cool.
Way way back in prehistory I had a J200, the first Gladiator truck. It was extremely cool, but had a turning circle so wide it could be challenging to negotiate some city streets. And of course the Kaiser OHC engine absolutely blew chunks. But few trucks have looked as cool or passed so serenely through snowdrifts.

If anyone had to replace their XJ, what would they buy?

Another XJ. Actually, I'd just rebuild the 4.0 or drop in a crate motor. XJ's have their quirks like everything else on the planet, but they are the most capable all around vehicle, uh 'SUV' if you want to call it that, and the cheapest to keep going. Like a cockroach after armageddon, it will keep ticking along.

Another XJ. Actually, I'd just rebuild the 4.0 or drop in a crate motor. XJ's have their quirks like everything else on the planet, but they are the most capable all around vehicle, uh 'SUV' if you want to call it that, and the cheapest to keep going. Like a cockroach after armageddon, it will keep ticking along.
Easy to say in California. Alas, around here, it's harder to find an XJ with floors, and the ones that look good are still dodgy.

When I retired the 99, it might have been worth the labor to fix the engine at only 275K miles, but you'd still have no rocker panels and a roof you could stick a finger through and more carpet than floor under your feet. Where's that bawling smiley...oh there it is! :cry::cry::cry:

VW Jetta TDI for DD duty and a 08 Grand 3.0 TDI and a SAS.

I can agree with that. That's what this was (Minus the SAS). It was gorgeous.

AEV wheels and Duratracs. I'd love to drive that thing. I'd honestly keep the IFS. It rides too nice.

CFW14-9860_zps4bce123e.jpg

Where you see that? I looked at one on the lot a couple years ago and really liked them. The new 3.0 isn't a benz motor so IDK much about it but the 07 and 08 were and that motor is a long lasting power plant. As for the SAS that would have to come later. Much later. Just dreaming.

Where you see that? I looked at one on the lot a couple years ago and really liked them. The new 3.0 isn't a benz motor so IDK much about it but the 07 and 08 were and that motor is a long lasting power plant. As for the SAS that would have to come later. Much later. Just dreaming.

It was at this past year's Country Fried Weekend (The Annual Southeast Expedition Society event) in Suches, GA. I'm not sure where the owner lives but he posts up on ExPo frequently. I tried to talk him into trading with me but he wasn't interested.

I can't believe I'm saying this but what about a Liberty CRD with 2" lift and some 30-31" tires?

Back