• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket......lmao

fixing on tryin to fix my rear power doors cause they no worky right now

what part not work? locks? door wont open? locks get gummed up with old lube and dust, i used contact cleaner so as not to melt the plastics in the door....Door handle has an adjustment u can adjust without takeing door apart......

Looked at mine. Too lazy to go buy an angle grinder so I can install my front bumper.

i installed my radiator a couple days ago, been to sick to really do anything else. im hoping to get my rock lights wired in this weekend.

what part not work? locks? door wont open? locks get gummed up with old lube and dust, i used contact cleaner so as not to melt the plastics in the door....Door handle has an adjustment u can adjust without takeing door apart......

the power part doesnt work lol but i fixed it just to find out my driverside window switch is shot but i got the doors all wired up.

jeep its like !!!1

i installed my radiator a couple days ago, been to sick to really do anything else. im hoping to get my rock lights wired in this weekend.

i just used some led trailer lights from wal mart they work pretty good and are easy to install. just one wire and a self tapper and your done lol spent like 25 bucks total

Pulled the Jeep into the garage to change the water pump. Don't even remember what prompted my to try but now it wont start. I hadn't even touched the Jeep yet! Guess I'll be trouble shooting this instead today.

I started cutting away at the front lower fenders to make room for the bumper. But I realized I dont have any safety glasses, and I need a better cutting wheel. Sooooo ill try again tomorrow.

I got it started by crushing the gas and turning the key. Fired right up. I guess it was flooded. Tightened the serpentine belt and checked the tension with my new kricket II.

replaced distributor, plugs, wires only to find out my exhaust manifold has a giant crack running through it.......my god this thing is a money pit!

Not sure how you could not tell by the sound.. mine is 100x louder now since mine is cracked... oh did you tell any differents in replaceing the Distributor cap and plugs and wires?

IMG_20110306_164020.jpg

Don't mind the hack job on the fenders and flares. I'll be smoothing things out later after I get a few other things done.

Last edited:

Mine (ok my wife's XJ) got a laundry list of things done in the past couple of weeks getting it ready for Megarun.

rear main seal and oil pump
new exhaust manifold
regeared front axle to 4.10
built custom hd steering
built new axle side track bar mount
installed new t-case with sye
installed disc braked 8.8 with 4.11's and lincoln locked it for now
replaced a bunch of hardware
built custom rear driveshaft
removed t-case drop and adjusted linkage
started building winch bumper but ran out of time, will finish soon

I finished my D30 1 piece axle shaft upgrade. Took out my Posi-lock cable. Tomorrow I will install my new CB antenna and remount my CB in the rig and then do the same to my DD

Pulled off the header panel and the passenger fender so I can bang the corner back into shape, smooth out my fender and install my new header panel. It will be nice to not have a smashed up Jeep with one headlight pointing at the ground 15' away.

xjcrash1.jpg

Tried to get the Jeep aligned this morning. They gave me a demonstration on how my wheel bearing was worn out so I changed it out tonight. My new best friend is my new 24" breaker bar. It sure did some flexing while taking off the axle nut.

Back