• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Not as much as I wanted to. Monday I got my front axle clear of the link brackets, then the snow came. We got over 6 inches here in Abilene, so my son was home from school yesterday and I got nothing done. Today ( the son is still off school but I was working on the jeep anyways) I was in the garage cutting the new front cross member and the power go's out. It was out for about an hour and a half. I got the front cross member cut and welded in, and started to cut frame for the rear leaf hangers. Now I am out of cut off wheels and the roads are covered in about 3 inches of ice, so I am done for today.

Drove it to work. Maybe did a donut or two in the empty parking before I parked it. :)

Tore it up in the snow with some 2wd and 4wd drifting. Pulled over on the work to push a lady in a Nissan Versa out of a ditch. I don't use the 4WD all that much because it's a DD, but it was nice to have today.

I gave a ride to a guy who just drove his car into a ditch. I guess he saw my winch and asked me to pull him out but there was no way because it was probably 6' deep and the road was iced over.

Alaskan, people must be feakin out down there. I heard they cancelled school for 1" of snow.

I missed it. A 4x4 XJ is better in this crap than a 2WD F150 by a shit-ton. Although, we all know my old Jeep would have broken something by the time I got to the first street light.

I tried pulling out a stuck coworker in his 2WD Chevy Pickup. He was on too much of an incline and kind of stuck in a curb sewer entrance thing. Couldn't get enough traction. I got him turned to a better angle and my boss with his lifted K5 Suburban with AT KOs and front locker got him out.

I gave a ride to a guy who just drove his car into a ditch. I guess he saw my winch and asked me to pull him out but there was no way because it was probably 6' deep and the road was iced over.

Alaskan, people must be feakin out down there. I heard they cancelled school for 1" of snow.

1" is a bit of a stretch, but they definitely canceled school because of it. It was pure comedy how many vehicles were off the road between my house and office (15 miles). It's all dry and clean now, crazy.

Since the title says "rig" and not "jeep" i'll go ahead and post this.

i wrecked it last night. I was getting cabin fever so me and my buddy Avery (ex-marine, hard drinker) went out for a beer. turned into a few beers and a few shots of bourbon. It had been snowing about an hour at this time, and we headed back to the apartment. We were on Mcdermott, and the snow was already covering all the ice by about 2". I hit a patch of ice, went 90* to the left, and came about 2 feet away from taking out a street light. This seemed like it would hurt...a lot....so i turned the other way, but over corrected because i was freaked out and adrenaline was kicking in. I went the other way and was pointing to the right curb, and caught traction. It sent me up the curb and i took out about 20-30 feet of barbed wire fence and a few fence posts. missed a few construction signs by a foot or two. Luckily i had my toolbag and my heavy duty dikes with me, so we cut off a bunch of the barbed wire and bent down a few fence posts , and i tried going in reverse. Turns out a had a post i ran over bent down, pressed against my fuel tank. REALLY glad i didn't hit the gas harder than i did, or else i would have punctured my tank. pulled forward about ten feet, and tried pulling the post out of the ground. It wasn't budging, so we bent it flat to the ground and perpendicular to my truck. Avery pushed me from the front, i put the truck in reverse, and managed to get unstuck back on the road.

Ed, i was about 3 minutes away from calling and waking your ass up and BEGGING you to come pull my ass out!

i wrecked it last night. I was getting cabin fever so me and my buddy Avery (ex-marine, hard drinker) went out for a beer. turned into a few beers and a few shots of bourbon. It had been snowing about an hour at this time, and we headed back to the apartment. We were on Mcdermott, and the snow was already covering all the ice by about 2". I hit a patch of ice, went 90* to the left, and came about 2 feet away from taking out a street light. This seemed like it would hurt...a lot....so i turned the other way, but over corrected because i was freaked out and adrenaline was kicking in. I went the other way and was pointing to the right curb, and caught traction. It sent me up the curb and i took out about 20-30 feet of barbed wire fence and a few fence posts. missed a few construction signs by a foot or two. Luckily i had my toolbag and my heavy duty dikes with me, so we cut off a bunch of the barbed wire and bent down a few fence posts , and i tried going in reverse. Turns out a had a post i ran over bent down, pressed against my fuel tank. REALLY glad i didn't hit the gas harder than i did, or else i would have punctured my tank. pulled forward about ten feet, and tried pulling the post out of the ground. It wasn't budging, so we bent it flat to the ground and perpendicular to my truck. Avery pushed me from the front, i put the truck in reverse, and managed to get unstuck back on the road.

Ed, i was about 3 minutes away from calling and waking your ass up and BEGGING you to come pull my ass out!

Dang. What time was this at?

You're a dumbass.

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

I wasn't drunk driving whatsoever. I had 4 beers and 3 shots over the course of 3 hours. I'm a moderate drinker and weigh 220 pounds, and that's just over 2 drinks an hour. I was completely sober. If i was drunk i wouldn't have reacted quickly enough to miss the street light.

Also, two cars, one about 30 seconds behind me and one about 3 minutes behind me, spun out on the exact same spot. One was a Colorado that hit the same curb i did, but wasn't at the angle i was so it sent him straight. The other was a Lexus that was able to pull it out after swerving 4-5 times.

And i don't even want to hear you holier-than-thou guys saying you've never driven even ONCE after having 7 drinks in 3 hours...or more drinks in less time.

Ed, about 12:30.

I wasn't drunk driving whatsoever. I had 4 beers and 3 shots over the course of 3 hours. I'm a moderate drinker and weigh 220 pounds, and that's just over 2 drinks an hour. I was completely sober. If i was drunk i wouldn't have reacted quickly enough to miss the street light.

Also, two cars, one about 30 seconds behind me and one about 3 minutes behind me, spun out on the exact same spot. One was a Colorado that hit the same curb i did, but wasn't at the angle i was so it sent him straight. The other was a Lexus that was able to pull it out after swerving 4-5 times.

And i don't even want to hear you holier-than-thou guys saying you've never driven even ONCE after having 7 drinks in 3 hours...or more drinks in less time.

hey man u gotta see it the way we see it from what you wrote....still not a great a idea to drink any and attempt to drive when the roads are that way. im drinkin shiner right now....but i aint drivin no wheres!

You sound like sparty lol

And eflores and beer, lol the night I met him he was getting alittle drink on

hey man u gotta see it the way we see it from what you wrote....still not a great a idea to drink any and attempt to drive when the roads are that way. im drinkin shiner right now....but i aint drivin no wheres!

This.

Worked on dropping the AW4 and TC on my 87 waggy-XJ, ran some tests on the 89AC/Heat system, and bleed the hell out of the clutch MC and SC on the 85.

Back