• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

I was in my covered parking spot at my apartment. Its barely got a slant to it. I was recentering the ujoint that goes onto the pinion on rear diff. I forgot to put the Jeep in 4wd before I crawled underneath. Took the ujoint straps off and the ujoint and driveshaft wouldn't budge.

I'm there thinking, WTF, it should just come right off. Gave it a few hard whacks...

THUNK. Well, that was e-oh explicative the Jeeps rolling back.

I was below the middle of the jeep, laying with my torso underneat the Jeep, and my legs flailing out from the Jeep. I grabbed on to the drivers side leaf spring and stopped it from rolling much further. Swung myself around, put a foot on the front wheel and managed to move around a little, get up, open the door, and pulled the transfer case lever.

Its a weird feeling being under your vehicle and having to hold it from rolling back. Guess Ill get me some wheel chocks.
glad your OK
that's nothing compared when i first got my jeep i had to start it with a wire touching the starter and one night me and my friends went to united to pick up some food and one of my friends bumped the shifter into drive on accident while i was starting it and the jeep jumped forward and pinned me to a metal beam! i thought i broke my legs it hurt bad!

i did the same thign a few weeks ago Ed. My rear u-joint went out driving down Spring Creek in Plano, so i hobbled it to the Autozone about 1/2 mile away, parked it on the incline, and started taking off the driveshaft. me and my buddy Jason were underneath it and found out VERY wuickly my e-brake doesn't work too well. i jumped out and slammed on the brake just in time before Jason turned from a short leprechaun into a VERY short and VERY pissed off leprechaun. (he's short and irish, so that's his nickname). we rolled it back onto flat land before continuing to change it.

And we have some whiners here that just have to have something to cry about. Cheer up buddy, Obama is working extra hard to make it all better for ya.

Careful Flores, we have morality Nazis here now who tell us what we can and cannot say.

I see no moral issues in what he said..Do you?
And like Justin said

And we have some whiners here that just have to have something to cry about.

But no worries we accept the whiners too as they too are individuals. And we are all diverse enough to accept and embrace them for who they are....

p.s.-every one needs to relax. the mods are here because we feel the need to keep this a family style reading area as many of y'all do have family that gets on here. how would you like for your child (not teenager) to get on here and see.....F this and F that, gay this gay that, donkey show here there,etc. I think you get my point

Lost another essential bolt on one of my RE quick disconnects. about the 3rd time now. getting sick of these stupid things. now im driving around without a sway bar again.

Painted my new header:

4411772705_61c1fd9269_o.jpg

Finished the D44 gear install and painted the housing and diff cover:

4411767229_186b6fb123_o.jpg

4411765399_c5e0ba58ba_o.jpg

Well, it's rolling again. I still have a few things to finish up. Plus after the test drive I noticed my SYE has started leaking at the seal. I will take that apart right noe and look into it.

i found out exactly what it takes to break a d35 with 36"s. there is a video of it. as soon as its posted on the arkansascrawlers ill post it up on here too.
Putting it in drive?

I rebuilt the flex joint on my upper control arm for the 15th time, and I am currently looking for some better joints to replace them with. I also pulled/resealed/refilled my rear diff cover, since it had developed a small leak from the rock rash.

collecting parts for my D30 build

got the rear fender trim done up tonight and flares back on first time in awhile all 4 have been on at the same time maybe they will stay??? Gotta go back tomm night and sand down the silicone and do some painting to finish things up

Back