• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

pulled the rear diff cover to find my pinion has been set too deep by the installer-im sure of this even though i dont install gears because of the grind marks my pinion is making on the carrier of my auburn limited slip

That's not any good at all. I thought you said this guy was supposed to know gears?

he does know gears-apparantly from my thread in the mod tech section you have to use a factory crush sleeve the aftermarket ones are too weak. Id like to use the phrase "thats information that would have been helpful beforehand" and saved me a lot...lot of money

I put a sticker on mine today.

JeepJam.jpg

The local Jeep dealership (Landers Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep) is sponsoring a few of us to got to the Jeep Jamboree this weekend at Hot Springs!!!

getting a rear driveshaft made and picking it up tomorrow.

I put a sticker on mine today.

JeepJam.jpg

The local Jeep dealership (Landers Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep) is sponsoring a few of us to got to the Jeep Jamboree this weekend at Hot Springs!!!

Suck up!!!! J/K I can't make it this weekend anyways. I would love to head up there, but I have been to Superlift like 3 times in the last month and a half, and at some point I have to stay home and get some stuff done around the house. Also I am looking at a house with 15 acres (and a nice shop) today, and its about 25 minutes closer to Gilmer than my Current place. LOL Bad news is that means it is 25 minutes further from Hot Springs. LOL

Suck up!!!! J/K I can't make it this weekend anyways. I would love to head up there, but I have been to Superlift like 3 times in the last month and a half, and at some point I have to stay home and get some stuff done around the house. Also I am looking at a house with 15 acres (and a nice shop) today, and its about 25 minutes closer to Gilmer than my Current place. LOL Bad news is that means it is 25 minutes further from Hot Springs. LOL

Dude. Take it. In five years and constant renovation, that piece of land will be worth four times as much.

I don't know about 4 times as much Sparty. The area this house is in, is very Rural. About 25 minutes from Texarkana. However, it is perfect for what I want. I don't mind the commute to work, and it will be nice to have some solitude again. This place is awesome 15 fenced acres, huge fishing pond, in ground swimming pool, a barn (will be converted to Jeep Wrenching Shop), and some stables on the property. Oh yeah it also has an RV hookup there as well.

Real estate investment property is what I do for a living, and I estimate the value of the property to increase at abou 4.5-6% a year at best. I am not worried about the ROI on this place that much though, because I am looking at is as more of a home place than an investment. However, I will be buying it well below appraised value so if I ever do sell the property most of the profit will have been made on the front end with the purchase.

That ROYALY sucks!

WOW... Is everyone ok?

What did you hit and about how fast?

Picked it up from Creative Style and Performance just in time for the work weekend. They rebuilt my new axle and did a High Steer set up with 3/4 ton Tie rods and 2" DOM.

How did they set up the high steer on the D30? What knuckles did they use? Or did they just weld onto the original knuckles.

I gotcha..... nice how much did that run ya, if you don't mind you asking?

Complete Axle rebuilt and every thing was just a hair under $2000.

Daaaaaannnng...... 2g's and you still have a D30?

That's still 1000 less than it was going to be for a rubi 44 and the HP30 is just as strong.

Yeah, but I have a hp44/9" combo, and once they are built and installed I will still have less than 2k invested in them. Not bashing your build, to each their own, but I was just thinking that was a ton of cash to have in a D30. Does it have alloy shafts at least?

I see I'm not the only one that just put a sticker on mine (AmarilloGunOwners.com). :eek: It's been too cold and wet for me to put my lift on.....I really need to get a garage.

Back