• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

On the Cherokee, Pulled the oil pressure sender adapter, put some teflon tape on the threads and added a o-ring to it. Also pulled the distributor, again, and replaced the gasket with an o-ring. It looks like the felpro gasket I put on there wasn't sealing. I'm getting a decent oil leak from that side. Enough to wet down that side of the engine and leave a few drops of oil everywhere I go and getting a nice oil mist on everything again. The oil filter adpater orings were replaced but with Crown parts about a month ago. I've got an OEM o-ring set for the adapter sitting on the shelf for when I do my next oil change if this doesn't dry up that leak.

I also pulled the throttle body, removed the IAC and TPS and cleaned all that up. It looked like it'd never been cleaned. I used a whole can of Throttle Body cleaner and ruined a stiff bristled brush and still didn't get all of it. Wound up throwing it in my Berryman's carb dip for about 3 and a half hours and that did the trick. Not as clean looking on the outside as my GS850G carbs but good enough for an old Jeep. The inside looked good as new with exception of a few stubborn spots in the IAC passage. A scrapper and some water took care of that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Finally got around to installing my SFR motor mounts today. Passenger side was easy, driver fought me the entire way.

Went for a drive and gassed it up, Jeep barely wanted to crank at first from sitting. At the gas station it cranked slow then stalled. Gauge shows 14 volts, guessing my battery is going? I’ll throw it on the trickle charger and see if that helps

John my jeep sits a lot too. Jump started and took to Autozone. They ytested battery and said it just needed charging. Charged and added the trickle charger / maintainer and seems to be the solution. Now with cooler weather I'll try and take it on errands and such so does not sit as much.

John my jeep sits a lot too. Jump started and took to Autozone. They ytested battery and said it just needed charging. Charged and added the trickle charger / maintainer and seems to be the solution. Now with cooler weather I'll try and take it on errands and such so does not sit as much.

Thanks. It started much easier on the next attempt so I’m assuming it’s from sitting. Probably overdue for an oil change too

Try playing some Beach Boys "Good Vibrations: music in the Garage with it over night for a week and see if it changes its tune?

LOL

That was my strategy in the past but I think its time to fix it for real.

Replaced my muffler and fixed the tail pipe from interfering with the bumpstop and shackle. Then got an estimate on getting gears installed which came out to $600-$700 per axle. I think I'll be figuring it out myself. I have access to all the tools so shouldn't be too bad hopefully...

Gave my jeeps a bath today, left them out side to play in the rain,

LOL:laugh3:

Dropped my Jeep off at a shop on Monday to get the rear axle geared to 4.56 and to install a Truetrac.

I have a small power draw on mine. I think it's the gate closed sensor thing that's sending power to the dash light - it works intermittently but was on the last time I started it. I bought a cheap on/off switch to install on the battery ground, of course yet to get it done.

Last thing I did with my was use the hood for a table while I fried up the bird for Thxgiv. Worked REALLY well! Lol

Last thing I did mechanically was new alt and battery, after the CKS and water pump shit show at Hidden Falls, I'm sure some of you remember. :mad:

Next on mine is install stiffeners then get the headlights back on it. Still undecided if I want to get back to street legal or not. Pulled the header and grille off when I rebuilt front bumper mounts.

09922b97874ca6f8bb09d5c2e6100410.jpg

Cheers to an active RRC! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dropped my Jeep off at a shop on Monday to get the rear axle geared to 4.56 and to install a Truetrac.

Did they give you an estimate? I'm trying to compare my options. Thinking about just doing something like
this.

Indeed!!!

"Cheers to an active RRC! :thumbup: :thumbup:"

Drove my to Burger King for lunch at 4 PM, LOL

Good news 99% of the rain leaks, hood and wing window seem to be sealed finally.

Looks like a nice afternoon to rip into something out doors today. LOcal Sooth Sayer Calling for no rain tomorrow :eek::eek::eek:
party1:

Did they give you an estimate? I'm trying to compare my options. Thinking about just doing something like
this.

Yeah, it is a little over $1400, majority of it being the parts. I was pleasently surprised by what they charged for labor, so I think it's a decent price.

Where at?

Mine still has a pretty bad vibe at 60ish

Smith Offroad and Performance in Carrollton.

So you’re saying it’s coming to ROM?

I charged mine up this weekend and washed it.

Starts much better now, back to normal

I took off my rear diff cover and remembered that the gears were pitted in the free axle I got. I'm going to check the pattern and backlash. If that checks out then I'll live with the noise until I decide to install a real locker.

let me know what ya think. Thinking of taking mine to a shop to see if they can tell if it's my drive line or something else. I keep trying to find time to work on it and it doesn't happen...

Will do. Haven't heard from them since I dropped it off. Guessing they are waiting on parts.

Back