• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

well tonight has brought the suck! well for the most part at least. i killed more rust on the jeep and primed the roof, then noticed the massive oil spot on the ground. my transmission leak is gettign really REALLY bad, and the top it off there is a lot ofmetal shaving in the oil. looks like i'll be looking for a transmission and tcase here soon....

I have started bringing mine back to life. Pulled the carb for the rebuild. I have also removed the smog pump, as it is not needed any more. Now time to drain the tank.

I pulled mine off the trailer at rental house in moab...suckers....lol

uploadfromtaptalk1381099963194.jpg

Yeah Yeah, who really cares? Maybe I will have mine running again by the time you get back.

ymebehaj.jpg

Thinking I might polish the steel "jeep" letters on my tailgate.

Carb rebuild kit is in and the carb came out tonight. I will start tearing into it tomorrow. Might as well pull and reseal the valve covers while I am there, they both had small leaks.

Re: Re: What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

and I think your tracbar fell off!

And you win the cookie
I could wheel with only 2 wheel drive, I had a replacement shaft for the busted lugs, but when the track bar bracket broke and took part of the coil bucket that was it. We are renting a jk Rubicon for some baby trails tomorrow.

I have started bringing mine back to life.

I'd start by putting a real drive train in it. !!!1

And you win the cookie
I could wheel with only 2 wheel drive, I had a replacement shaft for the busted lugs, but when the track bar bracket broke and took part of the coil bucket that was it. We are renting a jk Rubicon for some baby trails tomorrow.

Damn, that sucks dood. Bad weld on the tb bracket?

I'd start by putting a real drive train in it. !!!

And be a mopar junky like you? :dunno:

I would rather put a 3.4 out of a camaro. And that is a bolt in.

I only have one mopar emblem on my whole xj and when I find a tail Light without one, I will put that one on.

Carb rebuild kit is in and the carb came out tonight. I will start tearing into it tomorrow. Might as well pull and reseal the valve covers while I am there, they both had small leaks.

Carb? What kind of beast are you working on?

Back