• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Thanks to the newer 242 I was trying to swap in, we had an epic fail of a day. :(

Yeah it looks like you are definately going to swap the shafts in there. That sucks man.

Yeah it looks like you are definately going to swap the shafts in there. That sucks man.

Yep. Sucks. Was excited to finally have a reliable Jeep again and drive it some more. I miss driving it. But instead I get to tow it home in a little bit and wait until I have time to do the shaft swap. Bah humbug!!!

Towed it home.

IMG_20101027_174535.jpg

Compression tested mine last night. All the cylinders were in the 130s except #5 was 118, 2 psi below most specs I found on NAXJA.

Do you have both cases out of the jeep right now? It really isn't too hard, to swap out the internals. It should only take you about an hour maybe two even with no experience at all. It is pretty straight forward. Heck I wish you lived closer to me you could bring it over to the shop, and we could knock it out in a couple hours.

Do you have both cases out of the jeep right now? It really isn't too hard, to swap out the internals. It should only take you about an hour maybe two even with no experience at all. It is pretty straight forward. Heck I wish you lived closer to me you could bring it over to the shop, and we could knock it out in a couple hours.

Yeah they are both sitting on a table waiting to be worked on. Sometime next week hopefully. This will be the first time I've ever taken a tcase apart.

I figured out the whistling noise my engine makes is from throttle body leaking.

I found a set of 4 TJ Moab wheels for $200. I really like the way they look but the tires for 16" wheels are a lot more expensive! Oh what to do.

Oh yeah, and I found out my condenser sprang a leak so no A/C for now. Off to the junk yard this weekend.

Is that ^ a good price for a set of Moab wheels?
I guess Crusher and I are the only people who works on our Jeeps anymore.

Is that ^ a good price for a set of Moab wheels?
I guess Crusher and I are the only people who works on our Jeeps anymore.

That is a good price for those MOABs.

I guess so! haha

thats a good price for the moabs, i always pick up a set when they are cheap like that because people want them. It's been a few months but i bought 3 sets one month, and sold all 3 in the same month!

well got the front bumper changed and new heater core in the wife 98'DD...jay came over and helped
DSC00303.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

and the bumper i got from tony...
DSC00316.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

I looked under my MJ to see why the tire was all wobbly, the passenger side TRE was half fallen off!!! :scared: Its all tight now, except for the unit bearing, I might go source one tomorrow...

well got the front bumper changed and new heater core in the wife 98'DD...jay came over and helped

That heater core install is fun ain't it? I think if mine ever goes out I'm just going to cut a hole in the floorboard and plumb the exhaust in for heat. :laugh:

Bumper looks better on your wifes jeep than on my garage floor!

Back