• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to do

Led

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So as some of you have seen Mike has had a change of heart on buying truggy.so now I need to decide what to do.If I keep it I wont be able to even start finishing it for another 18 months. I just got rid of the shop last month ,Trish's rig is stored off site and is inop due to minor issues from last co fest and no motivation,and we are trying to buy a house oh yeah got Kaylas' wedding in mexico too. so what to do store it ?? sell it to someone in the "family" , craigs list it, or part it out?? she looks so close its just depressing. I figure bout 5k to finish.but at the moment its a time money and space thing. what would you do and why??

dude if you part it or sell it out side "the family" you're losing your nuts
if nothing else sit on it out of site
trish's rig isnt too far off and im more than willing to help get that one squared up for the year
i cant write ya a big fat check but dude come on. not worth selling it off. You know you'll only build some thing comparable and kick your self for having to do the work again.
You tried a nicer newer rig and that shit was a joke. you were over that in one wheeling trip
Get Trish's rig fixed
wheel, have fun
Get house and family done
tend to truggy when the time is right

LAST BUT NOT LEAST>>>>

THERE HAS TO BE A REASON YOURE THE FIRST THIRD AND FIFTH OWNER OF THIS GOD DAMMED THING

You sold it once, had to buy it back. I can't imagine you selling it (again) again, or parting it out. Besides, I'd hate to see it leave the chapter. Every time I see the Seth Stanton sticker, I remember those times, the chapter came together for his family.

I'd find some cheap-arse storage, give myself time to mull it over. That's why I have three dead vehicles sitting around. ;)

Don't get rid of it or part it out. Truggy needs to stay in the chapter. Hell, I'd buy it if I could but until extra funds hit my account in July I'd be unable to make a valid offer on it.

Keep it, store it away until you have a house and then get it running and wheel it. You and Truggy have a history and it would be ashame to see that end.

Led, I could probley store it for ya for a while. Is it together enough to park outside with a cover or does it have to be inside? I have tons of outside room, and maybe some short term inside room.

I'd hate to see ya part it or sell it to someone out of naxja

Plus I have a place and tools when your ready to put it back together!

Last edited:
$5K to finish it???? What needs to be done yet?

Take JD up on his offer, put her up on blocks, wrap her up good and get to finishing her later.......... IF you think you're heart will be into it. No shame in coming to the realization that life changes things and maybe the Truggy & hardcore 'wheeling isn't all that appealing anymore. If that's the case, let her go to someone motivated to finish and 'wheel it. Don't part it out......

If I didn't already have a green buggy you know I'd be all over Truggy again.......

needs for both axles: lockers, covers, gears. Front needs shafts, lockouts/slugs,truss.
steering.
front coilovers.
rebuild driveshafts.

should get:
beadlocks, new heims, light tubework/gussets, spare.

it is very close to done considering. But like troy said, the appeal of hardcore wheeling is gone. Hell wheeling at all seems to have lost its flavor. Just no motivation.

Ah. For some reason, I thought the axles were built already.

Can it still use coils and shocks up front? Or has that been modified already?

the appeal of hardcore wheeling is gone. Hell wheeling at all seems to have lost its flavor. Just no motivation.

And that is the exact reason I switched up hobbies.

I have outdoor storage space, too, and semi-indor (loafing shed), if it was less than a year... tough call. My wheeling bug has been dwindling the last few years, too. I enjoy it when I'm out, but have a tough time making it any kind of priority.

I can definitely understand going away from hard core wheeling as I myself have done it. I now mainly do easy to moderate trails and as much as possible incorporate camping and shooting into my trips. It just makes for an all around adventure for the whole family.

If you're in that same boat then by all means get rid of truggy, I just hope it stays in the family as it were. Just please don't part it out. If anything take one of these guys up on storage and give those on here who would like truggy a chance to save up their pennies.

Ah. For some reason, I thought the axles were built already.

Can it still use coils and shocks up front? Or has that been modified already?
coils and shocks are still doable. Lower coil mount location is currently not ideal since was intended to be temporary.

the rear is welded. Have 410 gears. Have front carrier and 410 gears for that as well. But not ideal gearing.

Dutch. That's my thoughts with easy stuff to explore or camp on. And my truck can do just about all that. If it can't. I'm not really interested in it.

no offense to anyone on the site but ,if you can sell it do so ,no sense in waithint for 2 years ,ald let it depriciate to get rid of it ,use the money for a house or to fix Trish'es xj and enjoy life

Back