• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to change, what to keep the same?

It would be cool if they let us do registration and tech at the old office. If that's not an option lining up to do tech along the road would be better than trying to use that tiny lot.

I liked the dinner, but I get that maybe some people don't like potatoes. Really nothing to do about a can't please everyone situation. I agree that the VFW is kind of tight but I also agree that says a lot that the bartender is in MWC gear and they have WF stickers around. Would be weird to do it somewhere else.

As far as the Orange trail thing, on both days we had multiple breaks and quite a few recoveries. Friday went much smoother all around. Dan and Mac both recommend we split in 2 groups Sat. but really there was only a couple more than the day before. Maybe we should have listened to their more experienced advice.

Even though our recoveries didn't go quite as smoothly Sat. I think we would have been okay had we not had 5 people jump in after we left. Before those people the tail gunner was still audible on the FRS and after they jumped in and we spread a bit on trail, I couldn't hear the tail gunner anymore. After the first major obstacle we got it back under control and had what I thought was a great run the rest of the day.

The FRS radios worked pretty good, I liked being able to use them outside the rig easily on hard obstacles and recoveries. I did notice that when I couldn't contact the rear that Scotts radio of a different model seemed to have better range. I have other ones I didn't think to try. I am still not sure if I like them better than CBs or not really tbh.

I look at the raffle as donating to the club and before winning a few minor raffle item felt like I never win stuff like that anyway. Now that I have got a few things I am likely going to try and give more next year. If I don't win anything I don't care. It's cool to win stuff but not why I am buying tickets.

The short track race in the quarry was awesome, Moving lunch to 2:00 was a great idea, Indoor Potluck was awesome, Coolest shirt design, there were a lot of things I liked this year. Somehow I have a better time every year and for me this was the best Winterfest I have been to.

Last edited:
I brought a stripper pole to winterfest in 2010...

mac 'know your winterfest history :) 'gyvr

Back