• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should my next vehicle be?

DONKSZERO2.jpg
Dats da shizzle yo!

Also, I've always wanted to get an old Corvair, swap in a late model V6 and stick shift from a FWD car (I lean towards Nissan or Toyota for powerful, reliable V6s that are able to rev. Maybe Honda) and swap to a modern suspension to build a modern sports car rocking the classic Corvair body.
For me it would be a late 60's FIAT and I would install the drivetrain out of a late 80's SHO Taurus!

a year, work relocation, and anywhere (i just upped my insurance)

sweet!

i've always wanted to do that with a chevette, but not with jap crap motors, they dont hold up to me. either a turbo 4.3l or 3.8l, even a ford svo turbo 2.3.
I've known more people to have excellent luck with Japanese engines than to have bad luck. Plus, if Toyota's good enough for Lotus, I think it's good enough for my Corvair. :D

I've known more people to have excellent luck with Japanese engines than to have bad luck. Plus, if Toyota's good enough for Lotus, I think it's good enough for my Corvair. :D
i think they just hate me, honestly. i've gone through way too many "reliable" japanese engines. i've come to the conclusion only larger domestic american engines can handle my abuse, 20+ cars later.
Didnt Lotus use the celica 4 cyl?
i must admit, i have a buddy who stuffed a built 240x motor into a datsun roadster, that's a cool little build.

The Elise/Exige are using the Celica 4 cylinder, but the new Evora is running the Toyota 3.5 V6.

Well if I had a budget for another vehicle, I'd get one of these

Favorite Trucks:
1960s Dodge Powerwagon Crew Cab
1950s Willys Pickup
CJ8
FSJ

Favorite Old Cars:
1968-72 Corvette
1967-69 Mustang Fastback
1967-76 Camaro or Firebird
any year classic GTO

If I had to get a new car:
Corvette, Camaro, Challanger

I've owned the CJ8, FSJ, and Firebird (T/A) - Also a CJ7, TJ, Mustang 5.0, and lots in between. Cars are fun. If I was going to get a new car, it'd be a new Dodge Dart with the 1.4 Turbo and a 6-speed. Then I could have a 2013 Dart and a 1973 Dart. Something about that appeals to me on a very basic level.

If you're undecided on what to buy, don't buy anything. No matter what you get, you'll regret it.

If you're undecided on what to buy, don't buy anything. No matter what you get, you'll regret it.

I wont be making any rash decisions and it will be a while before I have enough money coming in to buy a new vehicle. I do need to buy something soon because my Ranger is a POS and I don't feel confident that it will get me from point A to point B.

I will do quite a few test drives before I get anything....I probably wont get an XJ even though I do miss mine very much I want something newer. So its really between a Mustang, 4 door Wrangler, or an F150. I really like the appeal of having a fast car but not sure if I would regret not having a truck or a Jeep since I've only ever owned a truck or a Jeep.

I wont be making any rash decisions and it will be a while before I have enough money coming in to buy a new vehicle. I do need to buy something soon because my Ranger is a POS and I don't feel confident that it will get me from point A to point B.

I will do quite a few test drives before I get anything....I probably wont get an XJ even though I do miss mine very much I want something newer. So its really between a Mustang, 4 door Wrangler, or an F150. I really like the appeal of having a fast car but not sure if I would regret not having a truck or a Jeep since I've only ever owned a truck or a Jeep.
keep the ranger for when you need a truck, and get the mustang. i had exactly that combo for about 6 years and it was great. older mustangs are cheap, 05+ are all pretty good. i had a 99 gt and it was ok, but the new body style is supposed to have much better fit and finish. mechanically i couldnt kill it, but it was a vert, and it developed a lot of rattles at around 140-150k. i beat the ever living snot out of it though, never got more than 3k out of a set of tires.

keep the ranger for when you need a truck, and get the mustang. i had exactly that combo for about 6 years and it was great. older mustangs are cheap, 05+ are all pretty good. i had a 99 gt and it was ok, but the new body style is supposed to have much better fit and finish. mechanically i couldnt kill it, but it was a vert, and it developed a lot of rattles at around 140-150k. i beat the ever living snot out of it though, never got more than 3k out of a set of tires.

Not a bad idea...I'll need to do a little work on the ranger but I could just keep it especially since I wont be getting much for it on a trade. I would like to get a 2005+ Vert GT. If I can afford it I'll shoot for one with the new 5.0 in it.

Not a bad idea...I'll need to do a little work on the ranger but I could just keep it especially since I wont be getting much for it on a trade. I would like to get a 2005+ Vert GT. If I can afford it I'll shoot for one with the new 5.0 in it.
the 5.0 is supposed to be nice. i'd get a hard top if i was to do it again though. the vert is fun occasionally, but it was more of a hastle than it was worth. cant do track days without a cage or at least roll bar, they leak eventually, the fabric fades and looks like crap, the car isnt as stiff so handling is effected, they develop more rattles, they're heavier and slower, the list goes on....
I daily drove my ranger since it was a 4cyl and got good mileage. i drove the mustang when i needed to work out some agression :)

You might enjoy a 05/06 GTO. I've got an '05 and it's a great. If you go with the sports car make sure to factor in some money for a radar detector, a couple tickets, and early replacement of tires. haha.

And unless your more interested in cruising around then racing around, don't get a drop top for reasons Vanimal listed.

Back