• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What products do you want to see next?

A roll bar for 2 doors that enables the rear seat to function as stock and also allows people into the rear seat. Not a roll cage. I hit my head enough without having a metal bar that much closer to my head. Plus a roll bar has got to be better than nothing.

I think after some ideas get tossed around I'll make a poll.:patriot:

Tube fenders, I really like that other guy's setup-very clean work. Possibly could roll a piece of tubing for a round opening instead of square, not sure how that would look. Guess the biggest problem is coming up with a design that fits all the requirements, functional, looks good for street use and not overpriced. That's the killer part is making them affordable and look slick. Usually the two don't go hand in hand. Anyone good with Solidworks want to take a stab at it?

Been having quite a few people contact me about HD crossmembers lately and I do have one started that I could make a fixture for. Stopped on it because I wanted it to work with all the available skidplates out there then got to thinking of building my own... snowball effect. If we threw longarm mounts on it we might as well make up some links and go all out as well.

Pretty sure we'll be offering gas tank skids that fit with our bumpers down the road. The one custom one we did had the skid extend to the inside edge of the bumper so there was no gap between the two. Probably be worth doing the other skids such as t-case while we're at it.

Center console replacement. Would it need to work with the stock indicator BS?

mj stuff

dallas xjs said:
when getting off camber on trails theres always a tree on you low side...you ether tip into the tree and ride it adding more pretty pinstriping...how about a mountable bar or etc running on the roof were the luggage mounts are front to rear so a buddy can pull the opposite direction to help from tipping/or a winching adaptor of some kind to use the trees when by yourself...does this make sinse...just a thought

x2 on the roof skid/slider...

I'd like to see some sort of fender flare that isn't as expensive as a Bushwacker. I lose flares the most on the trails. One small tree branch is all it takes to rip them clean off my XJ. I'd say tube fenders but those would seem expensive since I've only really seen one company make them, and forgot where I saw them. That'd be cool if they were pocket style and bolted straight into the stock fender flare holes where the brackets used to bolt into, or they could totally bolt up with some cutting and drilling.
Maybe just tubes that bolt up directly? Kinda like "converting" your stock fenders to tube fenders.
I made some cheap pocket style flares out of stock pre-97 flares, cut them to size and drilled holes accordingly. They came out good and held up good, although they looked like crap on my XJ since it was a cheap job.
Maybe another would be a trackbar relocation bracket. It seems those only come in kits, and I'd like one temporarily in case my trackbar needs relocating when it is lifted.
I don't know if this helped at all, as I don't hardcore research the stuff. Just thought I'd get that out there though, who knows.

EvanH said:
way to be specific...
I already posted up with specifics, just don't want to see mj stuff get passed up like it usually does, there are no heavy duty rear bumpers for mj's and only one company makes mj sliders but they are for the short bed mj.

mjdriver said:
I already posted up with specifics, just don't want to see mj stuff get passed up like it usually does, there are no heavy duty rear bumpers for mj's and only one company makes mj sliders but they are for the short bed mj.

Talk about timing...RenixPower is coming up tomorrow with his MJ to do some parts trading and we're going to whip up a rear bumper as part of the deal. If he's got the time I'll get a quick fixture made up for building more. Also if time allows I'll do up a set of rockrails so I can make a jig for those as well. I've been wanting to do some MJ stuff for quite awhile, just never had access to one.:clap:

Ten High said:
some kind of stand alone roof sliders would be nice. like the ones built into the olympic top hat rack, but without the "rack" part.

That would be a challenge I think because you're taking away the strength they get by having that across the roof support. Maybe if we could do it with just two bars going across the roof? Keep them very low profile just barely clearing the roof it would also make a great attachment point for a rack down the road.

AJsArmor said:
That would be a challenge I think because you're taking away the strength they get by having that across the roof support. Maybe if we could do it with just two bars going across the roof? Keep them very low profile just barely clearing the roof it would also make a great attachment point for a rack down the road.

That would be something I would buy, if the price was right. :yelclap:

AJsArmor said:
Maybe if we could do it with just two bars going across the roof? Keep them very low profile just barely clearing the roof it would also make a great attachment point for a rack down the road.

exactly what I am looking for.

I'd have to agree that I'd like to see some sort of "roof slider". It could incorporate the factory rack mounts as well as some gutter mounts. With a couple of cross bars, this should hold up to some decent abuse. This could then be used as a base to incorporate a true roof rack if that was desired.

A rear cargo box would also be high on my list of things to see. I'd vote for a lower profile version that was enclosed, with HD drawer slides. Then have tie down points on top for coolers and such.

A nice HD belly skid would be great as well!

I'd like to see a cure for cancer

haha

hey, X2 on the taillight housings...I'll have my 'new' XJ by the end of winter, and I'd love to see some different options out there besides those nasty altezza things.

Back