• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What products do you want to see next?

sprngfldxj said:
Here's one that will be a challenge!!!
Create these items and sell them at a price that is bargain basement, still allowing for you to profit. Go for Quantity and not Profit only!
It seems that everything is so far out there for many, that for us (those with very limited budgets...), can afford to enjoy buying things to put on!
Make a living, but maybe see it as a chance to get more cutomers than the other guy based on quantity of customers, not quality?

The other item that I would love to see

Rear bumper that wraps around and supports the bottom of rear quarters once they are cut and folded.

Cut and Fold gives about 8 inches of clearance... Give 1.5 of that back with a 3/16 wall square tube

Like a rock rail for the rear quarter after the cut and fold.

JAS said:
The other item that I would love to see

Rear bumper that wraps around and supports the bottom of rear quarters once they are cut and folded.

Cut and Fold gives about 8 inches of clearance... Give 1.5 of that back with a 3/16 wall square tube

Like a rock rail for the rear quarter after the cut and fold.

He has been there and done that

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=915789&page=2

AJ why dont you update ur website and show the other stuff that you have been building?

after rolling my xj 2 weeks ago on the pass side and ripping my uni-body at the gear box i have come to conclusion that with such a large drop bracket on the trac-bar put to much stress at this point and caused the damaged..how about a trac-bar drop bracket with a uni-body brace kit just like crok all tide together as 1 part...all bolt on for the non fabbing guys..it would be easy to build with the proper equipment and mass produced...take the price of the 2 parts retail knock of say $50 and you have a kick product...i do want royalties though...ever one sees my post....pat. pending...weeee..now this weekend i am cutting plate/mig/and fabing to repair my f-up....cheers

dallas xjs said:
when getting off camber on trails theres always a tree on you low side...you ether tip into the tree and ride it adding more pretty pinstriping...how about a mountable bar or etc running on the roof were the luggage mounts are front to rear so a buddy can pull the opposite direction to help from tipping/or a winching adaptor of some kind to use the trees when by yourself...does this make sinse...just a thought

You mean like this
http://www.olympic4x4products.com/

Sean

I'm thinking some interior storage options for 2 and 4 door models with seats up and down. Some sort of rack that is tailored for hi-lift storage, spare axle and drive shaft storage and so on. Might be able to make it expandable so you could put in 'headache" bars to protect the passengers and windows from cargo, and parts that get loose.

Something along the lines of the Olympic rack.

Ide vote for some CLEAN looking tube fenders front/rear. The ones out are great for a trail rig....but im thinking something that would look nice on a DD, but still hold there own offroad. Thats what you should do :) I'll buy them

EvanH said:
I don't wanna throw a cookie sheet underneath my XJ and call it a skid plate.

Why not? I've got a cutting board under mine! :gag:

DSC01617.JPG

Just a couple of things that pop to mind, mostly for the near stock versions of the XJ. In a roll over without a cage, the A pillar folds pretty darned easy. You can look at the A pillar and the door from the side and see where the engineers were headed. As long as the door is closed, most of the the strength for the A pillar is provided by the door. The problem is, just the weight of the vehicle on the roof, pops the door top out and then the A pillar folds.
It wouldn't take a genius engineer to develop some sort of catch for the door top, so if it does (start to) pop out of the door frame it has an additional mechanical device to help keep it in to door frame. And/or to help the roof capture the door top as it folds.
Idea number two. A replacement splash shield (tin or aluminum) for under the radiator with a better seal and more surface area, to help limit mud, water or whatever getting into the fan and alternator. Maybe something with Klico (sp) spring loaded screw slot fasteners for quick removal.
Here is one for the Jeep Speed types, a coarse matting material, that really doesn't mess with air flow, but that can be installed behind the grill to protect the radiator form stones and brush.
Some kind of hard foam bracing for under the radiator. Most every XJ radiator I've ever seen that is on a well used vehicle, has a smile bowed into it. Two bottom mounts aren't enough.
A roof rack, with roof light guards built in. Maybe even a flip down (metal) cover for the lights, to make the Police happy (for the states that require the lights to be covered on the highway). One cover for all the lights, flip the handle and the cover goes down and/or up. Maybe even place the handle so it can be operated from the drivers seat with the window down.

Wow! The police require offroad lights to be covered in other states?? SO THATS why KC Lights come with covers! HMMMM! I love SOUTH CAROLINA... We don't have any stupid laws like that! The only law that pertains to offroading is one that says that your headlights must be lest than 56" off the ground... LOL Thats huge! I've seen huge truck around here with the lights mounted in the front bumper to be legal.

Hey AJ make some Unibody Stiffeners with your great pricing. T&T is the only place I know that makes them, and thats the only option other than fabbing up your own. I think it would be a good addition to your sliders.

lowrange2 said:
Wow! The police require offroad lights to be covered in other states?? SO THATS why KC Lights come with covers! HMMMM! I love SOUTH CAROLINA... We don't have any stupid laws like that! The only law that pertains to offroading is one that says that your headlights must be lest than 56" off the ground... LOL Thats huge! I've seen huge truck around here with the lights mounted in the front bumper to be legal.
Every darned night, as soon as I pull of the highway, I take the covers off and then later have to put them back on again. Pain in the arse.
I try not to give the cops, the easy bust. Usually when/if they stop you for something like uncovered driving lights, they find a whole list of stuff.
Besides, I have a whole box full of broken driving lights. Under the bumper, on the bumper, on the roof, no place is safe.
I once got pulled over in Cal for driving with green headlights. My H3's filled up with water and the water turned green. I kind of wondered why they were getting dimmer and dimmer. :)

People break your lights? They suck! I never lock my doors... EVER. and I have several ,000 dollars worth of stereo and electrical stuff in it. Your cops suck!

EvanH said:
Perhaps some tube fenders?
Isn't there a company making some already? Thought I saw them in a magazine ad or something. Going to try and make up a set for the front of my 89 as a complete replacement instead of an add-on piece. Be easy to flat fender it but then it leaves that ugly looking inner fender exposed.:rattle:

With all the cooling problems that keep coming up on an XJ I thought about a bolt in (or weld in) front replacement crossmember that would allow a taller radiator.

Back