• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what needs fix'n

Well - turns out I need new Wheel Bearings. Need 30 spliners :-( That'll set me back a few $$$.

Other then that I only have a couple more things to do and I am ready!

Well - turns out I need new Wheel Bearings. Need 30 spliners :-( That'll set me back a few $$$.

Other then that I only have a couple more things to do and I am ready!

Decided to run stock front axles to save a little $$$ and use the Chromos as spares. Just can't afford $250 for 30 Spline Unit Bearings right now.

Found a bad U-Joint in the front drive shaft (fixed). Also found a few loose nuts and bolts.

I think I might change em back to 27 splines to save $$$ in the long run.

Gonna throw on another set of Rock Lights.

Other then that, the heep is all cleaned out and ready to pack!

The biggest thing I need fixed is my bad attitude towards fixing my rig. :dunce:

We sure fixed that wheel bearing good, I don't think it will roll around anymore!!!

BCWeld_zpsfdzx0xxl.gif

Got some work to do!
new griffin radiator, fan clutch, longer but slimmer trans cooler. Want better air flow for rafiator. Might as well do heater core while I got system all drained. Mainly peace of mind...Basic tune up.
mount new mastercraft baja rs front seats. Front chromo shafts, I know my axle shafts are ready to pop. Have full circle clips on stock shafts, all but 1cap has rotated 90-180 degrees.

Roll cage additona, MJ tail gate mod to xj, driver side rear tube fender, finish front fendors, build locking internal storage.

wow that escalated quickly! This list has changed - as well as the rig!

Bronze dana 60 kingpin bushings✔️
dana 60 lower king pin covers✔️
mount new 40" tires✔️
swap out tie rod heims (last set of heims to change out) ✔️
fix tcase linkage
weld up rear frame/bumper
check toe in
trim fenders✔️
put hockey pucks on top of prothanes✔️
install rear bump stops
check vacuum lines✔️
bleed hydro assist
weld up some plating in the front of the frame to tap to m10x1.5 to mount the pro crack swaybar on the rig and weld some axle side mounts too

Last edited:
Back