• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what needs fix'n

Haven't decided on a set up yet. I'd like to get one that would allow tire inflation but may just go with what ever I can afford before this. How are you liking the viair?

It's good. Fairly quiet and the 2.5 gal tank is handy for filling tires and blowing the dust out of the rig after trail rides. It does take up room in the cargo area, but the benefits outweigh the cons. An ARB compressor would be much easier to install with the locker(s), but I wanted a tank with my OBA. Buy the most capable compressor you can afford.

I tweaked my control arms, but now I have a front driveline vibe and screwed up steering. Heading back under the heep this weekend to adjust caster and fix the loose track bar and screwey TREs.

Last edited:
Roll cage additona, MJ tail gate mod to xj, driver side rear tube fender, finish front fendors, build locking internal storage.

I just need to drive it - haha It's just been sitting. From what I remember when we ran DV last year I need to do the following:
1. Oil Change
2. Radiator Flush
3. Tire rotation
4. Make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight
5. Clean it out :)
6. Install Qtr. Panel protection
7. Check the ball joints

Working on new Top - Blue tarp last year didn't cut it - hope it doesn't rain while we are their - as we need the rain

Got my new tires, Goodyear MT-R's, on Friday and love them.

Well I only have a few things left to do:

• Reinstall gas tank skid plate and hitch.
  • Modify drag link so I can get my steering wheel to straighten out.
  • Plug up the hole in the wheel well to the door so mud does not build up on the hinges.
  • Adjust rear shackles.
  • Take out rear bump stop plates. (Anyone want them?)
  • Adjust tire carrier so it closes.
  • Figure out how to reduce the amount of camping gear I take. :eek:
  • Change fluids, tighten up all the bolts and grease it up.
  • Take it out on a trail and test drive it.

Rig Needs:
new coils
leaves
shocks
trackbar mounts axle and frame sides
and a trackbar and heims
second seat and harnesses installed
weld rear bumper
internal storage

i keep tripping over your leaves. their storage is certainly not osha approved. ;)

i keep tripping over your leaves. their storage is certainly not osha approved. ;)

I need to grab those.

i'll get up your way pretty quick. i was supposed to have a meeting about that this morning, but it was superseded. maybe tomorrow i'll get a schedule hammered out.

Install front locker
Install rear Deavers and shackles
Figure out what size shocks I will need for the rear
Install gas tank skid
Maybe build new steering
Fab us some temporary sliders
Hope to find a rear axle to replace the turdy5
Install longer brake lines
Finish trimming fenders

I think that should be good enough for this trip

Still working on this. :gag:

Good luck with that.

I guess I should replace the radiator that's been leaking for the past year. In my defense, though, it's a very small leak.

Back