• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is your favorite Cigar?

Working on a LaFloridita and some good coffee now after cleaning out my entertainment center and getting rid of the old stuff and mass of wiring in prep for the new surround sound that uses all HDMI stuff when I can afford it next month. Got to re-tire three jeeps with new rubber between now and Oct.

Call me a heathen but I've always liked rum-flavored cigars, and the cheaper the better.

Get a small plastic humidor, pour your favourite rum on the humidifier instead of water. Refresh about once a week, leave your smokes in there for at least one full month.

Ideally, you'll want to have several humidifiers - don't want to mix your rums (it can screw with the flavour,) and I like to put two humidifiers in - one with the booze, one with water.

Flavours that have worked well for me:
- Parrot Bay coconut (it can really smooth out a rough, cheap smoke!)
- Captain Morgan Tattoo (the spicing works well when used with a claro or a Connecticut shade-grown)
- Any good Port wine
- Any good cognac
- Any good brandy
- Kahlua (use with a mid-strength cigar - the coffee infusion is a bit much for a claro or shade, but isn't quite enough for a maduro or an oscuro unless you're going to leave it "soak" for four to six months. Minimum. A year is better - with water & liquor)

And, oddly, a "cheroot" (cheap dry-cured cigar) can benefit highly from infusion with booze.

Arturo Fuente Opus X.

Are you sure? with a username with 420 in it i would assume you wold like cut down re rolled swisher's :D

i have taken a liking to cigars. only smoke on special occasions though. i had a couple different acid's, and a couple other darker styles. cant remember what they were called. i just remember one of them would have gone very good with a nice IPA.

i just remember one of them would have gone very good with a nice IPA.

The Kuba Kuba and the Blondie are quite good with a quality beer.
For an awesome burn and good dense smoke with a somewhat mild flavor I recommend the Licenciados Figurado. I like the shape too.

http://www.mikescigars.com/product-details/licenciados-figurado

Acids tend to burn uneven for me. I want a smoke I can enjoy. I hate having to work at keeping it burning properly.

Last edited:
I ordered a box of Noventa 90's last night. I can't wait for them to come in. Those and Kristoff Maduro's have been my favorites for the last few years.

Back