• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is your favorite Cigar?

Anyone else having trouble with the Mike's site? They keep crashing Firefox on me...

@Redheep - Acids may be a good "beginner" smoke (I've often recommended them...) but us "more experienced" smokers can enjoy them as well. They're just different - and that makes them fun. I find the Acid Atom complements, say, Mongolian BBQ quite well (strong enough to make it through the "dissolving tongue" effect that I get from there, but not so strong as to be overpowering.)

Onyx 550 Maduro (dark wrap, 5"x50 ring) also works well after the sort of food I favour.

Another good "beginner smoke," however, is any "shade-grown" Nat Sherman - very mild and pleasant to smoke. They also work well when you just want something light. Come to think on it, I've never smoked a Sherman I didn't like...

One thing I wish I could find around here again - Don Diego Individual. They came each in their own cedar tongue-and-groove slip-top box, smoked for a good relaxing two hours, and were well worth the dosh I'd spend on them (not more than once per annum tho - they are spendy beggars...)

Jon-I still smoke them, I just find that for someone who may not like a triple moduro as a first cigar, it seems to be more appropriate because of the sweetness and the flavor. But then they usually branch out into some more traditional cigars.

I still have a whole box of kuba kubas in the humidor. The best part about a cigar hobby is always having something new to smoke.

MONTECHRISTO #4 fresh from Cuba.

It has been some years since I had one.

The knock-off's suck though. Best price I ever seen for them (real thing) was in St. Martin AKA S. Maarten depending what side of the island you are on. I think I paid $120 (US dollars) for the box.

Whatever I can grab in trade for changing light switches, bulbs, fixing doors, etc. for my regular cigar store.

Acids.
Padrons.
Hoya de Monterreys.
pretty much anything but the overated Cohibas.

Oh.....gotta be maduro.

Rev

I mostly like a toro size.
I like cameroon wrappers or a maduro

nobody mentioned Romeo e Julietta

:greensmok

BOB

Mosephus said:
Maybe you guys can recommend a new cigar, I just started smoking them. The first Cigar was a MonteCristo Church Hill, and to be honest I don't remember the second, it was more of a Champane color. I did like the Montecristo more than the second.

Depends. What do you like?

Bear in mind that, the darker the wrap, the stronger the flavour. They range from a "claro" or "Connecticut Shade-grown" (very pale green) through a full maduro (black or damned close to it.)

You can also try infusing cigars, if you have a small plexi or Lexan humidor. Instead of water, you can use something like Port wine, cognac, rum, tequila, or whatever you like. You do have to let it all set up for at least a month after you get the smokes in, and you want a plastic box so you can wash it out and try something else (cedar will pick up the flavour and keep it.)

Liquers can also be used - I've had good luck with Kahlua or Hot Damn!

Every time you change infusions, you'll have to wash out the humidor (again, that's why you want plastic) and use a different humidifier sponge (keep the old one, put it in a Baggie, and label it in case you want to use it again.)

I like anything Drew Estates (Acid as well as Natural). I dont smoke any one thing, but try for something new each time, if all else fails Macunado is like Coke, Marlbro or Bud, it's not the best, but it's consistenant and you know that each time it will be the same.

Jump This said:
So , is it a Del Mar Corona?
Or Corona Del Mar?

Probably "Del Mar Corona" - "corona" is a name given to a particular size (ring x length) - rather like a "Churchill" or a "patela." I just don't recall the sizes offhand, but I know there are quite a few that are named.

Had to revive this old thread. I just tried some Revolucion Cameroon Robusto from Best Cigar Prices.com www.bestcigarprices.com This is their house brand made by Perdomo. For about 3 bucks a stick shipped its a darn good smoke.

I also like Cohbia and don't think they are over rated, La Gloria Cubana, Montecristo, Macanudo Robust and for a long easy smoke; Butera Capo Grande.
FNF

Had to revive this old thread. I just tried some Revolucion Cameroon Robusto from Best Cigar Prices.com www.bestcigarprices.com This is their house brand made by Perdomo. For about 3 bucks a stick shipped its a darn good smoke.

I also like Cohbia and don't think they are over rated, La Gloria Cubana, Montecristo, Macanudo Robust and for a long easy smoke; Butera Capo Grande.
FNF

I'm sitting here at work waiting for courier shipment for a replacement content security card for one of my asa5510's and working on a CAO Brasilia Chango, good one so far. Had a Rocky Renaissance around lunch time.

Check out www.cigarmonster.com or download the iphone app, we are working on droid app now or https://www.cigarauctioneer.com/

Call me a heathen but I've always liked rum-flavored cigars, and the cheaper the better.

Call me a heathen but I've always liked rum-flavored cigars, and the cheaper the better.

There is a song in there somewhere that involves cheap cigars, whiskey and wild women....C&W I seem to remember :D :D :D

The really funny thing is, I never really knew what a good cigar tasted like, my smoking cigarettes covered it up, since I quit cigs 12 months and 2 days ago cigars actually got tasty to me. Quitting cigs made some very big differences.

Last edited:
You always struck me as a chocolate cigarette aficionado :D

Anyways, I haven't purchased anything new of late (and there's quite a few brands left on my bucket list), but so far I'm leaning towards Arturo Fuente Sungrowns as my current favorite.

I love Punch English Market Elites, medium dark with a nice nutty flavor... Give me one of those and some good bourbon and I'm a happy man...

Oliva series G Maduro
Romeo y Julietta Habano Reserve
Drew Estates Natural Dirt

Currently working my way threw a box of Cohiba Havana, Cuba Maduros. (Stationed in Kuwait currently) Not a bad smoke...

Back