• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what happened to my TJ on friday.

Damn. Glad you made it out in one piece. Nothing gets me more paranoid than thinking about my steering letting go at highway speeds.

Agreed... steering and brakes, two things I really want to keep working. Engine's negotiable, if it stops, worst case so do I.

Glad you made it out alive at least.

So what happened?

Did the threads strip out or was the adjuster sleeve clamp loose?

threads stripped out :/
and let me tell you it happened FAST
" i cant steer, hol"-BAM!
headache still wont go away lol right leg feels better torso pain is starting up as is the neck and back finally.

Kayle, im guessing you will be parting that pile out? let me know what all aftermarket parts are still useable and in good shape im always looking for goodies for my TJ.

Thanks
John

IMAGE_268.jpg

I had a similar thing happen to me, thankfully I was only going 35 when it happened and I was able to stop without hitting anything.

IMAGE_268.jpg

I had a similar thing happen to me, thankfully I was only going 35 when it happened and I was able to stop without hitting anything.

And that's only the tie rod coming apart on yours. You'd still be able to steer one tire. Ha. I've had that happen too.

Sucks to hear kayle. Glad you're ok.

Back