• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do y'll think of this

againstherwill

NAXJA Forum User
main.jpg

http://crosslander4x4.com

A 4 wheel drive that is actually 4 wheel drivable with a 4.0 V-6 for under 20k sounds good. Romanian engineering sounds questionable. Depending on the availability of parts, I'd drive one if all the xjs in the world went away.

XJared said:
A 4 wheel drive that is actually 4 wheel drivable with a 4.0 V-6 for under 20k sounds good. Romanian engineering sounds questionable. Depending on the availability of parts, I'd drive one if all the xjs in the world went away.

I like it. The body lines remind me of a old Cruiser or a Rover. I always liked those trucks as a kid. I will be keeping an eye on them and see how they perform and hold up to the rear world. The aftermaket may be slow to pick them up as well. It is a lot better than most of the other small utes offered these days.

That does look cool. Curious to find out more about it.

Very smooth lines. Looks good. designed well. i agree though, getting romanian parts may end up to be a PITA. I like the look of the snorkle though. Looks real nice IMHO

Definitely not a trail ride but somehting different and then the cute ute I usually see around here. the article from p4wor say the wheel base is 102 with ovrall at 178 (read kj); with the 3.73 gear and strait axles f/r with coils up front and leafs in the back. I think that with some mods it may go to the trail?

Just think about 15 years ago no one thought the cherokee was more then a station wagon. Maybe this one could be the next "cherokee". Just look at what happens when you get people to mod things like the tracker?

Just ramblings from a noboby

Do you guys think the snorkel will make it to the USA though?

Last edited:
Crosslander...I want to be a Defender...no, I want to be a Discovery...no...
IFS or solid? I haven't seen the specs but the pix have been around for a while.

Specifications
- Engine:
- Type: 4.0 liter V-6
- Aspiration: EFI
- No. of Cylinders: 6
- Bore & Stoke (mm): 3.95 x 3.32
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1
- Maximum Horsepower: 207
- Max Torque: 238
- R.P.M @ Max Torque: 3000

Transmission:
- Wheel Drive: Permanent 4x2; Part Time 4x4
- Type: 5-speed; Manual and/or Automatic
- No. of Gears: 5 + 1 synchronized
- Ratio of Gears: 3.40; 2.05; 1.31; 1.00; 0.79; Reverse 3.40

Suspension:
- Front Axle: Coil Springs & Shock Absorbers
- Rear Axle: Leaf Springs & Shock Absorbers
- Differential: Symmetrical
- Ratio: 3.73
- Brakes: Hydraulic Dual Circuit, Power Assisted
- Front Axle: Ventilated Disc
- Rear Axle: Drum
- Power Steering: Hydraulic Power Assisted
- Turning Radius: 41 Feet
- Max. Slope (degrees): 40

Dimensions:
- Length: 178 in.
- Width: 72.2 in.
- Height: 73 in.
- Wheel Base: 102 in.
- Ground Clearance: 7.8 in.

Well, if the romainians can build a car as well as they can build a firearm, we shouldnt have too many problems with build quality. They were good at mass produceing good quality items.

XJared said:
Transmission:
- Wheel Drive: Permanent 4x2; Part Time 4x4

Where'd the specs come from?

I don't see mention of a 3 speed t-case. If there is no 4-lo it may as well be a Liberty.

I like it. Maybe Jeep will recognize their marketing blunder when this thing takes off and we can buy an American made version.

Lawn Cher' said:
I like it. Maybe Jeep will recognize their marketing blunder when this thing takes off and we can buy an American made version.

it will probably be coming in looking like this when it gets here...

subaru-justy-005.jpg

They should get Nadia Komenich as a spokesmodel.

Back