• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you break on your XJ today

I was driving along.. One second my mirror was shaking, the next second it wasnt..

Sub amp went up in smoke.. Time to park it again:confused1

Today, I inspected her again for more damage. And just stared in disbelief she is still in one piece.

Tomorrow, collect estimates to determine whether she will survive the insurance company.

Smashed my front left corner into a root ball on a dug out section of cedar tree.
Then blew my right u joint at the top of hogsback climb.(no pic)
punevava.jpg

Whatever it is you broke on your XJ, it cant be any worse than this guy:
10420058_10154380947980001_1404520227530697003_n.jpg

Broke stock steering gear box so upgraded to the 99 Durango box! Didn't want to wait and order aftermarket gear box spacer. So made one with materials around d the garage! Got it done for the hills the next morning!

That's not really a piece of hot rolled flat bar is it?
The arm is stamped Dynatrac, and use to be an actual production piece for them. It's been modified a bit for this axle setup, which is why the end appears to be square cut (arm was drilled at 6" for the draglink, and the excess was cut off). During the rebuild process, I've learned quite a few interesting things about this setup. While I wouldn't call it ideal, it has held up for 15 years of use. With fresh hardware evenly torqued I'm not too worried about it.

However, my long term solution should be arriving, Thursday. :greensmok

Back