• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What axle is this?

opracer315

NAXJA Forum User
I think its a 9"

DCP_1523.jpg

DCP_1525.jpg

DCP_1522.jpg

On this pic you can see the Chy sign.
DCP_1521.jpg

I'm gonna guess it's a 9.25". Chrysler did not have a Ford 9".

I guess.

passxj said:
I'm gonna guess it's a 9.25". Chrysler did not have a Ford 9".

I guess.

Who said anything about Chrysler?

cracker said:
Who said anything about Chrysler?

Isn't it stamped on the third member in the pics?

:D

LOL

Didn't see it stuck between those pics :laugh:

Ford 9"
3.55's from the looks of the 2nd pic.

that is a chrysler 8-3/4=========My brother runs one in his cherokee-----------Kyle

nonnie said:
Late 60's Dodge 8 and 3/4... or is that the dark rum talking?

you are correct , in the last pic you can see the pentastar ....
possible it's from the 70,s also .

not the most coveted 4wd axle due to axle tube dia. ,
but not bad in a " B " body mopar .
( had one in my road runner that held up to some stupidity )

Last edited:
Yep, it's an 8 3/4. Good if you're drag racing or something I guess. the 9"'s housing is more oval in shape looking at the back, and it's also way bigger.

Well, I retract my previous statement.:shocked:
I failed to see the emblem in the pic.
I studied it and still missed it. Plain as day now.

You have to admit, at first glance, it resembles a 9".

Ahhh HA! 8 3/4 not 9 1/4....Thanks guys. Is there a 9 1/4"? Too much input too much input...

Agreed with oatmeal totally. If they can live behind hemi cudas they can surely live behind 4.0s. My brother has got quite a bit heavier wheeling with it lately and hasn't had any problems whatsoever---------Kyle

P.S. Pics of it under his jeep in that thread oatmeal posted. Best of all, same or more clearance as dana 35!!!-----------Kyle

offroadman83 said:
Agreed with oatmeal totally. If they can live behind hemi cudas they can surely live behind 4.0s. My brother has got quite a bit heavier wheeling with it lately and hasn't had any problems whatsoever---------Kyle

P.S. Pics of it under his jeep in that thread oatmeal posted. Best of all, same or more clearance as dana 35!!!-----------Kyle
Problem is, they're getting harder to find in the local yards (used to trip over them when I wasn't looking for them) Oh, well, stumbled across a D44 while looking for something else (Explorer discs are almost done) and just ran across another one yesterday but, I didn't need it and it was a million degrees outside otherwise, I would have grabbed that one too--------Hans

Last edited:
Back