• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Last edited:
My favorite speakers of all time!!! The soloX is worth the extra coin if you dont already have em

I think they discontinued the solo-x ? ... Iol... but an 18 inch cone is probably too large to play the non rap music when I listen to stuff like kill switch engage vs mobb deep . I am still debating on drivers I may even go with some soundqubed 15s . I'm also undecided if I'm going to run the one 3016 at 1 ohm and drive two woofers or get a second 3016.d and drive two separate at 2 ohms since I'm not sure how cool the amp will run at a 1 ohm load even though it is rated stable there .

The solo X is in any size...

Rated fot more power..

I had one L7 soloX 12 and 2 boston acoustics 8" subs.. Perfect combo! Ive ran 2 solo l7 15s but the one solo x wad better imo. Especially ina Jeep the whole whip becomes its box!
Rumbled any hiphop (stuff with hard bass like 3 6 mafia couldn't flick a bic inside) and with the smaller subs for mids sounded great with deftones to j ca$h. Now i need to rebuild my audio on the xj :/

The solo X is in any size...

Rated fot more power..

I had one L7 soloX 12 and 2 boston acoustics 8" subs.. Perfect combo! Ive ran 2 solo l7 15s but the one solo x wad better imo. Especially ina Jeep the whole whip becomes its box!
Rumbled any hiphop (stuff with hard bass like 3 6 mafia couldn't flick a bic inside) and with the smaller subs for mids sounded great with deftones to j ca$h. Now i need to rebuild my audio on the xj :/

Gotch... I do believe still water replaced the x with the Q class series ... not sure how they compare. One thing is for sure it will be plenty loud for a trail rig.

The solo X is in any size... 2ohm wired parallel yo 1ohm is :explosion

Rated for more power then tge no X versions..

I had one L7 soloX 12 and 2 boston acoustics 8" subs.. Perfect combo! Ive ran 2 solo l7 15s but the one solo x was better imo. Especially ina Jeep the whole whip becomes a sub box!
Rumbled any hiphop (stuff with hard bass like 3 6 mafia couldn't flick a bic inside [with either setup]) and with the smaller subs for mids sounded great with deftones to j ca$h. Now i need to rebuild my audio on the xj :/

Dun did looked at all the guts
IY0rUEF.jpg

VOJE98G.jpg

Re: What are you doing to yon9vemberur rig - the continuing saga

Going to drop on an aluminum truck tool box where the batteries are sitting and across from that I will put my 15 subwoofers and amps if I go ahead with putting them in the trail rig instead of one of the daily driver...lol...it bears some dinky over priced pods bolted to the cage.

20190408_112014.jpg
20190408_111925.jpg

Why did you tear it down? What was the compression? That' a lot of buildup. If what do the mains and rods look like?

If the compression is good and the bearings good, I would just tear it down and tank it all to get all the gunk out, then reassemble it, maybe with a fresh set of bearings. Then tank the head and check the valve stem clearance. If it is good, then replace the valve seals and lap the valves if they look. If the guides are loose, then ream and sleeve the guides and a full valve job.

Why did you tear it down? What was the compression? That' a lot of buildup. If what do the mains and rods look like?

If the compression is good and the bearings good, I would just tear it down and tank it all to get all the gunk out, then reassemble it, maybe with a fresh set of bearings. Then tank the head and check the valve stem clearance. If it is good, then replace the valve seals and lap the valves if they look. If the guides are loose, then ream and sleeve the guides and a full valve job.

Because the main bearings were toast. The last time I did compression on it it was fine,I wasn't concerned with that. I did want to see how the cylinder walls looked.
Certainly a lot of build up.

Other than eyeballing the rods idk what to tell you.

Btw sorry for these huge pics folks, imgur mobile doesn't edit.
JKEUt50.jpg

aT4uI9b.jpg

Mains.

RjR8nnH.jpg

Going to drop on an aluminum truck tool box where the batteries are sitting and across from that I will put my 15 subwoofers and amps if I go ahead with putting them in the trail rig instead of one of the daily driver...lol...it bears some dinky over priced pods bolted to the cage.

I'm starting to believe that you're going for the heaviest XJ on record at this point George :laugh:

I'm starting to believe that you're going for the heaviest XJ on record at this point George :laugh:

I may put the comp audio stuff in another ride ...probably the commander since I don't want to lose my Dodge's back seats or lose storage room in the bed ...lol...I really never gave thought to the total weight of a big audio system but all the gear I have sitting weighs almost 500 lbd... and I'm not sure I want it in my XJ, but I may mount the subs take it out to a few steep obstacles and if she climbs them I'll keep it, and if not pull it and bolt the box down to the XK cargo bay .

I may put the comp audio stuff in another ride ...probably the commander since I don't want to lose my Dodge's back seats or lose storage room in the bed ...lol...I really never gave thought to the total weight of a big audio system but all the gear I have sitting weighs almost 500 lbd... and I'm not sure I want it in my XJ, but I may mount the subs take it out to a few steep obstacles and if she climbs them I'll keep it, and if not pull it and bolt the box down to the XK cargo bay .

I have two 4 x 6 speakers and a really small Mitzu amp.

Even then, I've got music on maybe 10% of the time.

I have two 4 x 6 speakers and a really small Mitzu amp.

Even then, I've got music on maybe 10% of the time.

Yeah that's the reality...lol... it's not going to be booming at 150 db down the trail very often, so I'm probably going to go with a pair of 6x9 and a 10 or 12 off a smaller amp not the two 3,000 watt surf boards I got sitting in the closet . I would put it in the Dodge's back seat and pull the seats, but I sleep in the back when doing an overnight pre trail head .

View attachment 6664
View attachment 6666

I feel so inadequate, the jeep does too. That's awesome

OeWkHyF.jpg

Ive got new shafts/bearings to put in the back axle. I haven't had them out since I had a Trak Lock.

Anyone know if ARB lockers for 8.25 are the same Cross pin design like stock carriers?

IY0rUEF.jpg

VOJE98G.jpg

At first I was concentrating on only the piston and combustion chamber but it really looks like your cooling passages are seriously clogged. Personally, since you already have it torn down, I would have the block boiled and get everything clean before reassembly.

Which tcase shifter linkage is that?

Back