• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend plans???

Driving to Toronto, and hoping it doesn't blizzard on the way through Buffalo.

David Bricker / SYR

Air show in Upland? There's got to be some irony in there somewhere.

Finished up with the edumication of The Varmints this afternoon and went right to work making a lower support cup for pressing new bushings into my new leaf springs.

PressCupOPT.jpg

Expected leaf springs to arrive at any time. Got to be about 4:30 and I called up ARB to see if they had any idea where these things are.

Yep.

Eureka.

That would be the bustling metropolis of Eureka. Not the joy of discovery. Much the opposite in fact.

Eureka and no idea when they will actually get here.

So much for that plan for the weekend.

Apparently it is not just the rain that is messing with me. It is the snow too.

:rattle:

I got nothing but time here. My weekends are always free.

Yeah right I am married what do you think I am doing. You Damn kids just sit around waiting for the old people to bitch at you, then cry that we did. You Lazy mother ( oh wait I can't say here can I ) LOL.. Hey Dean just building the jeep again, I never get it right per the wife.

Have a shitty weekend boys

Yesterday, a buddy and I hiked up into Massacre Canyon off the 79 to the falls where an Indian slaughter happened a few hundred years ago or so. We took our metal detectors but all we found was brass, haha.

Then last night we all went to a club. Fun times! Today I'll likely futz around in the garage or house, cleaning/chucking more things; it's downright freeing.

You have squirrels in that clean shop?

:wow:

Spent an hour or two trying to track down the lousy dust shields for Dana 44 stub shafts - Napa, Shmuck Boys, O' Reilly's - sheesh, nobody even has a listing or a picture in their database of these things anymore....?

Yesterday, a buddy and I hiked up into Massacre Canyon off the 79 to the falls where an Indian slaughter happened a few hundred years ago or so. We took our metal detectors but all we found was brass, haha.

Then last night we all went to a club. Fun times! Today I'll likely futz around in the garage or house, cleaning/chucking more things; it's downright freeing.
That's a few miles from me. Yeah, crazy story about Massacre Canyon, all over the chia seed. I took wifey there and she got "bad vibes" and poo-pooed on what would've been a nice little hike. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Work and laundry :( Although I did manage to give the '71 F250 a bit of love, new coolant sending unit and windshield washer bottle.
That makes me miss my '71 Dodge which really makes me miss my '64.

I ended up replacing the fried resistor and harness plug for the blower motor in Lorrie's Colorado. Most of the afternoon was spent chasing down a bad ground for the fan switch. Some of GM's finest electrical wizardry went into that system. The H3 got a recall for it; the Canyon and Colorado which have the same thing didn't. Joy!

Last edited:
I just got in at midnight last night from a duck hunting excursion to Humbolt. Pounding rain made the drive up quite the adventure. Didn't do well with the ducks, but spent some quality time hanging out in the marsh with my son. So it was time well spent.

This weekend I'll be packing for my annual trip to Land O'Lakes, WI, for a few days of snowmobiling with my brother. Recent snow reports are very encouraging. It could be one of our better seasons in several years.

It's a tough life.

Back