• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan bearing

I'm fairly certain the bolt pattern and centerbore is different on fan pulley hub vs water pump flange/hub, but I've certainly been wrong before and would actually like to be wrong here since it would make solving this problem easier for everyone involved.

I did look at two water pumps for and from my XJs. Yes, the hub is different. I did look on E-Bay. Maybe the 93-98 GC. ?? :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2925206108...qmKdsEgmH8aCsXDbsGsSfwlQ==|tkp:Bk9SR_qVpNijYw

That would make sense, since the 93-98 ZJ and 91-95 YJ water pump has the fan clutch mounted to it, and people use those ZJ fan clutches as-is on XJs bolted to the factory XJ fan pulley brackets hub. So if the ID of the hub on those water pumps is correct for the idler bearing used in our fan pulley bracket, it should work I would think. Good thinking. Maybe I should grab one of those at the junkyard on my next trip just in case.

She completely failed on me today. Must of got a stress fracture from the pressing because the bearing is still fine, the bore just came apart. Fan, shroud, radiator and bracket are all tanked now. Something failed in the t case, (see new thread,) and must of reved a little too high trying to get unstuck.

She completely failed on me today. Must of got a stress fracture from the pressing because the bearing is still fine, the bore just came apart. Fan, shroud, radiator and bracket are all tanked now. Something failed in the t case, (see new thread,) and must of reved a little too high trying to get unstuck.

If you think a 97-01 would work for you, I have one. I'd think you'd have to change the intake. Not sure on the offset for the passenger side brackets.

If you think a 97-01 would work for you, I have one. I'd think you'd have to change the intake. Not sure on the offset for the passenger side brackets.

May have to take you up on that, ill have to research what is different, but I am picking up a lhd 2000 parts jeep soon, so I'll have the right intake anyway. Right now running dual auxiliary fans and it working pretty good, but summer may tell a different story.

Back