• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan bearing

Do a search on here, this has been clearly answered before! Go with all the good brands like Timken, SKF, and ***.

I bought some from Gopher Supply in AZ ( I think). I forget the PN. I think they are SKF. I did replace the one in my 2000 XJ. Yeah, not fun when the explode when your on a road trip. I also, bought some others on E-Bay, that I had to shorten. If you get in a jam, PM me. I'll send one of the shortened ones.

Gopher Bearings
Tucson AZ
(520) 622-3545

NSK 885586

The one listed on Ebay is to long.

https://comancheclub.com/topic/52631-idler-pulley-and-fan-bearing-replacement-drama/
says NSK 665225.

Since things like this are getting harder to find I just ordered one of the NSK units. If it looks good I might pick-up another as spares since I have 2 2000's.

Cherokees are rare in junkyards here, ive never seen a rhd. That ebay one is a rebuild service, you have to have a good core. I'm not good enough to build one.

It might not be in a junk there, do a nationwide search engine for 1. They used 100's of them here for all the government services. You might also see what the Ebay core charge is for 1 outright.

Cherokees are rare in junkyards here, ive never seen a rhd. That ebay one is a rebuild service, you have to have a good core. I'm not good enough to build one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403771330056

Or are you looking for the fan bracket on the left side. As posted in #7

Sorry, I see post #6. I am looking at adapting the RHD alt bracket to raise the Alternator up. I haven't done a mock up yet. I was thinking of reusing the PS pump bracket for a LHD. And using the idler pulley from it, to 'replace' the fan bearing as in the RHD. I am running triple electric fans.

I just received my NSK bearing and it looks and feels good. I don't know if and when I'll need it but it's definately a good choice.

So it seems that my discontinued bracket is too damaged to rebuild. Anybody seen a fan bearing bracket for 93 to 95 RHD laying around?

Do you have pictures of what is broken? I compared the pictures on EBay to the 97-01 I have . A bit different. Still wonder if it might work for you. There is a '00 RHD in Greibe's PnP near Myerstown PA. I did pick the Serpentine belt drive brackets though.

Do you have pictures of what is broken? I compared the pictures on EBay to the 97-01 I have . A bit different. Still wonder if it might work for you. There is a '00 RHD in Greibe's PnP near Myerstown PA. I did pick the Serpentine belt drive brackets though.

I've never been able to figure out pictures on here. Remember the 97 up have the horse shoe intake and the power steering pump is different, and the pump is mounted on this bracket.

I've got it functioning for now, but I definitely have some wobble in the pully, so I must of bent the flange hub, anybody know where to buy just that part?

Other than a junk yard it might be hard to find. The good part is that it can from any 4.0 xj and maybe the tj,wj and zj also.

Other than a junk yard it might be hard to find. The good part is that it can from any 4.0 xj and maybe the tj,wj and zj also.

Very true, I'm going to look around and see if I can find it new though. Reading the many threads about changing this bearing it seems that it is very easy to bend this little cast piece. I was super careful pressing it off and still manged to bend it.

WJ 4.0 uses an electric fan doesn't it? And V8 uses a hydraulic.

ZJ and YJ use a fan mounted on the water pump so no real help there.

TJ I am not sure about. They're so rare in the yards I barely ever see them and I don't think I've ever seen one with the engine still in it.

The flange/pulley for the XJ fan is probably an XJ MJ only item because of this.

Might check the water pump flange or hub. I think they are the same. I didn't have time to check. Getting LS Heads to shop. The fun of porting heads.

I'm fairly certain the bolt pattern and centerbore is different on fan pulley hub vs water pump flange/hub, but I've certainly been wrong before and would actually like to be wrong here since it would make solving this problem easier for everyone involved.

Back