• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I have a weekend trip coming up and I found out that my wife cancelled the rental car reservation. She said we are taking Red (my 1994 XJ) on the trip. So last night I went ahead and installed new unit bearings in the D30 so I feel a lot better.

I think Aaron was watching over me because I didn't have to fight this project at all. Everything went as smooth as it possibly could have and that never happens for me. Unit bearing bolts came right out. A couple of pecks from the hammer broke the unit bearings free. What?!?! But it was his birthday so it was very fitting.

We made it to Troy, Ohio for the 27th Annual Scout & All Truck Nationals. It was a long drive but so worth it. I got to see the Hurst prototype #3 Shawnee Scout (only 3 ever built and they haven't been seen in public for over 20 years). Frank Howarth who was a key member of International Harvesters racing program from 1976-1980 was there to talk about the adventures in racing, how they build Scouts to compete against the Big 3, etc. I got to talk to him one on one and also during the Tech Talk Seminar they had.

I also got to see Jim Allen (who is the co-author of the new Scout Encyclopedia book and writes for Four Wheeler magazine, etc) and John Glancy (the other co-author of the book). Great times.

I wasn't able to spend hardly anything on the trip (buying IH parts) due to budget but getting to see and talk to so many people about the history and building of IH Scouts and trucks was absolutely worth it. To save money we even did manifold hot pockets on the way back. They were yummy.

Friday my new fuel pump showed up. I soaked the first tank in B54 cleaning over night. Saturday I removed the tank and spent about $10 pressure washing the one I soaked over night. The sunny day on Saturday dried it fairly quickly. I reinstalled the tank and pump and new sock and new fuel filter. I drove the jeep to Oreily's where they refunded me the money on the pump from Harlan. The Manager and I had a good conversation. Ends up they do sell Delphi pumps but for some reason it was not showing up on line. I could have gotten it from them and saved the 3 day wait. however it would have been about double what I bought it for from Rock auto. It ran good on the way there and back. Hopefully I can get it out and test it on some trails this weekend.

Headed out from work last Thursday down to Uwharrie where I worked the 36 Hours of Uwharrie event. It was HOT and HUMID out there but was a great deal of fun. I met some awesome people and saw some very impressive rigs. I got home Sunday at 3:30, showered and passed out at 4. Didn't wake up until 7 the next morning just in time for work.

I got married two weekends ago :)

Went to the Outer Banks for our Honeymoon and took the 94 out on the beach for three days. Had a blast! We caught a bunch of fish, some sun and relaxation.

She went out yesterday and bought her a new Jeep, she replaced her 2012 Compass with a 2016 75th Anniversary Edition Compass.

People make fun of the Compass but I would buy one of them before I would buy a new JK. She put 150,000 on the old one without any issues. It was a 5spd, the new one is a CVT 6spd so she bought the extended warranty "just in case"!

We took the old Compass all kinds of places and it always seemed to claw its way out. I probably shouldn't have taken a Compass into the situations that I took that one but it always impressed me for what it is.

Buddy called me yesterday. Has an old 94 Xj country he's wanting to get rid of. Has 200k + on it. Runs good, but needs an exhaust. Spent it's life in the mountains here. I'm sure there will be some rust, but he said I could have it for $200. I'll be going and grabbing it this week. I'm sure I can find something to do with it!!

1328e46be2e49b70d1309b9cc169bcb3.jpg

Buddy called me yesterday. Has an old 94 Xj country he's wanting to get rid of. Has 200k + on it. Runs good, but needs an exhaust. Spent it's life in the mountains here. I'm sure there will be some rust, but he said I could have it for $200. I'll be going and grabbing it this week. I'm sure I can find something to do with it!!

1328e46be2e49b70d1309b9cc169bcb3.jpg

Yea I'd jump all over that too.

Went to Harlan this weekend with a local club! Ran some fun trails now that I am on 35s. Pin Ball, Rail Bed, Fish Fossil, and killin time were a great ride. I about got to the last big obstacle on lower rock garden. Guys on 40s were having some trouble at that part so I saw my way out :)

You guys were not kidding about the hill climb out of fish fossil. Only two guys in our group got up it with the help of their LS engines and 40"+ tires.

The rest of our day we spend riding some fresh cut trails that weren't on the map yet. They had some intense hill climbs (off camber, loose dirt and rock, and rock slabs).

Went to Harlan this weekend with a local club! Ran some fun trails now that I am on 35s. Pin Ball, Rail Bed, Fish Fossil, and killin time were a great ride. I about got to the last big obstacle on lower rock garden. Guys on 40s were having some trouble at that part so I saw my way out :)

You guys were not kidding about the hill climb out of fish fossil. Only two guys in our group got up it with the help of their LS engines and 40"+ tires.

The rest of our day we spend riding some fresh cut trails that weren't on the map yet. They had some intense hill climbs (off camber, loose dirt and rock, and rock slabs).

Damn I miss Harlan!!

Learned that I won a 5 day 4 night all expenses paid trip for 2 to Mexico due to my production numbers from the last year.

Then I learned that if I can't travel over the specific set of dates dictated by the company I forfeit said trip.

Then I learned that if I forfeit the trip, I get a "door prize" of up to $150 REIMBURSABLE off a dinner.

My daughter has a school production on day 3 of the trip dates, so it really wasn't ever an option to miss that. Seems pretty punitive to choose family over company.

Morale is high in my department today - NOT.

They only gave you 1 set of dates?! That's dumb. What a great gift for your commitment to the company.

I'd imagine they'll be pretty upset when you tell them you'll be reducing your production numbers to match the shitty gift you received.

Learned that I won a 5 day 4 night all expenses paid trip for 2 to Mexico due to my production numbers from the last year.

Then I learned that if I can't travel over the specific set of dates dictated by the company I forfeit said trip.

Then I learned that if I forfeit the trip, I get a "door prize" of up to $150 REIMBURSABLE off a dinner.

My daughter has a school production on day 3 of the trip dates, so it really wasn't ever an option to miss that. Seems pretty punitive to choose family over company.

My work does this all the time, they give you a prize like a trip to Cancun but then you have to pay the income tax for the amount of money the trip is worth. Most decide to not accept the prize so the CEO keeps it and takes his girlfriend or something. It's stupid.

My moral is low too. After 29 years, I'm looking for a new job. I'm done

Uh, last I checked a 5 day 4 night trip for 2 people to Mexico cost more than $150...

Uh, last I checked a 5 day 4 night trip for 2 people to Mexico cost more than $150...

Yeah, just the resort and air are over $2300.

In other news - the LKQ on Trinity Lane in Nashville is having a 40% off weekend the 3rd through the 5th.

Yeah, just the resort and air are over $2300.

In other news - the LKQ on Trinity Lane in Nashville is having a 40% off weekend the 3rd through the 5th.

I wish some yard around here would have a sale like that and include WJ motors.......

Back