• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Spent 4 days in Savannah for my buddy's bachelor party. Never been to Savannah, and it was a blast...from what I remember. River street has a lot of cool places to check out.

I got the XCR rear bumper mounted. Not shown in the pic is I modded the carrier to hold the HiLift in a verticle possition, and a full size metal jerry can fits where everyone said it wouldn't :)

Itss going to be nice to have a rear seat again!

IMG_20160716_131811698.jpg

IMG_20160716_1313165321.jpg

IMG_20160716_131307219.jpg

IMG_20160723_072319.jpg

Holy Crap !! That thing is high and sticks out A LOT !!!!

Guy at work just got one....not sure he's gonna like it tho......

I got the XCR rear bumper mounted. Not shown in the pic is I modded the carrier to hold the HiLift in a verticle possition, and a full size metal jerry can fits where everyone said it wouldn't :)

Itss going to be nice to have a rear seat again!

IMG_20160716_131811698.jpg

IMG_20160716_1313165321.jpg

IMG_20160716_131307219.jpg

IMG_20160723_072319.jpg

the latches on those like to loosen up frequently so keep an eye out... was it a real PITA to make it fit? ive never had smittybilt go on right the first time and i used to put one on 3 times a week or so

the latches on those like to loosen up frequently so keep an eye out... was it a real PITA to make it fit? ive never had smittybilt go on right the first time and i used to put one on 3 times a week or so

Hey Doug! I had to section the mounts to accommodate for the shackle boxes but other than that it went right on.

I don't trust the latch either so Hadfield and I were looking at it yesterday. I think I'm going to make a "screw in" type of retainer there at the latch for extra insurance, maybe even a lock as well. The latch is cheesy at best.

Since we are talking about tailgates and latches, anyone know where to source a new latch like the ones that Detours used on their tailbone? I've been looking and can't find anything. I did find one that I liked and was a self locking unit, but cheapest I could find it was in the $80 range.

Any brands for me to research?

Since we are talking about tailgates and latches, anyone know where to source a new latch like the ones that Detours used on their tailbone? I've been looking and can't find anything. I did find one that I liked and was a self locking unit, but cheapest I could find it was in the $80 range.

I'm not sure exactly which one that Detours used on yours but this looks like the one they have pictured on the website. The same latch could likely be found for half that price directly from McMaster Carr.

http://www.emsoffroad.com/store/ind...ducts_id=449&zenid=h7iebjga09qukg8kqjdodqpsj2

Ruff stuff has that then some for bumper parts

Swing out tire carrier latch

I have a few new ones laying around. Send me a PM and i can shoot you over a pic, you should be able to get what you need for under $30

Same here. I'm tired of me doing ghetto rigged stuff, not not being able to afford the parts I really want. Worth it to take the time and get what I want.

Yes but being poor with kids means you have to figure it out another way. Why my rig looks like it does...... I see a light at the end of the tunnel though. Hell Glenn keeps up this machinist thing I might actually have someone who can figure out how to bend tube soon! Hell if he really enjoys it I'll get him some tools to put in the shop. Lathe, and mill are on hit list right now....... Dream it and work at it and maybe some day ti will happen. Oh yea. I think I'm going to go check out Broken Nut Saturday.

Anyone in Tennessee headed to Millersville for the Jeep Meet on Saturday the 6th? I think I'll head up there and see what it is all about. Probably be the only XJ in site. All the photos I saw from last year were Wranglers. Guess I'll need to win the RTI ramp again and shut them all up.

Even if it is a bust it gets me out of the house. WSM is broadcasting live, so it does have that going for it.

IH Scout Nationals are coming up soon so I'll be saving my pennies for that.

It's time to get off my ass and build my IH truck even if it isn't the nicest and best built. It will still be mine.

Oh hey guys... long time no see. Quick update... still on the west coast. Class is currently kicking my rear end. I still don't know where I'm going after here. My F350 is currently racking up a substantial bill at the shop for 6.0L repairs and bulletproofing, which has me evaluating a lot of things. Reality is I'm not in any position to enjoy or support a wheeling habit for awhile, so I think it's time to let go of the Red Rocket and sell the F350 while its still worth something. I'm looking at getting a midsized 4x4 manual truck, for example Tacoma (I would do another MJ if I could find one that meets criteria), to support my outdoor habits and still access streams and crags and campsites, without lugging around 8500lbs of truck with me. Do you know how difficult it is to park a DRW truck in California?!?

On the positive side of things, I have been to some amazing places over here. Yosemite/Lake Tahoe/Big Sur/SF are all breathtaking, but Mammoth Lakes is phenomenal, definitely a place I could live permanently. Top quality fly fishing, rock climbing, hiking, etc... all accessed by dirt road. I stay super busy with our outdoor rec. department taking service members out on all sorts of trips like camping, climbing, skiing, etc.

Back