• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I needed new lower control arm bushings in the DD. I got online and priced new XJ bushings locally. 49 bucks for ONE control arm. (2 bushings)

Got on ebay and priced a pair of WJ control arms. 48 bucks for the PAIR. (4 new bushings and new beefier arms)

Ya can't beat that. They'll go on when they get here. I'm excited. I hope they make as big a difference as folks say they do.

Most of all, I hope they get rid of this pesky 45mph wobble that I have.

Sold the 242 I swapped out of my Jeep earlier this summer. One less thing to trip over in the garage now. Thanks Sam!

hows everyone elses week going ;)

377200_843656074828_978496834_n.jpg

Well, for starters, it looks like it got rear ended???

It doesnt look bad enough to need a wrecker.

C'mon Doug, what happened?

it quit going forward....gave it load up a hill and thought the tires broke loose, turns out something broke loose somewhere else, and by somewhere else i mean trans or tcase...slowly lost power over half a mile

oddly enough the park pawl still works, but it wont roll backwards...even in nuetral?

Sounds like the trans is cooked to me. Parking pawl indicates the torque is still getting from the driveshafts to the output of the transmission, I'd bet on something badly screwed up in one or more of the planetary sets.

Unless by neutral you mean transfer case neutral, in which case I'd say the transfer case probably grenaded and what you're feeling as park is actually a completely jammed case.

Sounds like the trans is cooked to me. Parking pawl indicates the torque is still getting from the driveshafts to the output of the transmission, I'd bet on something badly screwed up in one or more of the planetary sets.

that's what i'm afraid of.... that would be the second trans in a year, the writing is on the wall here.....

Unless by neutral you mean transfer case neutral, in which case I'd say the transfer case probably grenaded and what you're feeling as park is actually a completely jammed case.

i mean trans neutral, the case clutch packs have been toasted for awhile now but it shifted into every range....

i hope its the case.......

writing's on the wall... for a manual swap.

I've seen too many automatics explode to want any more of them. Hell, I've blown up 3 (2 in my 96 XJ, 1 in my dodge van) with another one (the 98 XJ) on its way out. One of the 96 XJ ones was my fault, and so is the 98's, but the other ones... just sucked.

I have one spare for the 98, I will put it in since I already paid for it but the next time I pop it, it's getting a 5 speed swap.

Sold the 242 I swapped out of my Jeep earlier this summer. One less thing to trip over in the garage now. Thanks Sam!

No thank you haha. Now my jeep is one step closer to making it to the crawl next year haha. Not much work ont he jeep as of lately. Been working on the yota. Planning on adding a CB, antennae, PA, and wiring up some lights on the yota tomorrow and getting the jeep aligned aswell as bust into the Tcase.

The trans was just built!!! If there is something wrong with it, surely the builder will make it right. I'm really not too sure on how to diagnose it... That electric shift t-case doesn't have a button for neutral, but some of them can be manually selected for neutral if you take the motor off. I'd look into that. If you can get the t-case to go ino neutral, see if it will roll then.

How much longer before there's a nicely equipped Tundra in the driveway? :)

i could do a nice first gen tundra for awhile, Sam wants one for a dd so it could just go to her when i could afford a diesel outright....i cant afford to keep doing this, i could buy a 4l80 equipped truck but then i'll end up with all the same peripheral problems (its a chevy). i have to make something happen though, ive decided this is the last straw for this truck.

the trans had a 90 day warranty.....if its the trans there's going to be a very angry man down at marshals transmission this week.

The one way streets didn't bother me. However, just about everybody else was highly confused by them.

Right as I was shutting down my computer at 5:00 for the first time, bossman came and pulled everybody in the engineering office out to the shop floor to hustle on assembling some switches from the ground up. Ones that were supposed to be built this morning and ship early afternoon. The truck had been outside waiting for 4 hours before we began building....

Didn't get home until almost 7 and was going to try and mow before it got dark. Filled up the gas tank on the mower and then watched it all run right back out the back. Attempted to save what I could but wound up basically covering myself. After a few choice words and ripping the tank off, I see that it's got a crack right in the seam.

Now, trying to figure out a way to fix this POS or find a new tank on the cheap. It's a 12 year old mower which doesn't help. Really not trying to put any money in this thing as it was loaned to me by a friend who wasn't using it anymore.

Are you in need of a mower? :gee:

Back