• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I completely agree. I'm looking at the same thing for my van, I have to either rebuild the 46re myself using upgrade parts from a 47re+48re, or say screw it and stick in a 5 speed. I just can't decide which to do, or if I should simply throw in the towel and drive the stupid thing to the scrapyard.

It is way under the warranty mileage on the rebuild but is far past the expiry date because my parents parked it for 3 years due to a bad spindle bearing + disuse right after having the trans rebuilt. So no help there.

having had experience with a 47re myself its the only other class of transmissions i wouldnt want along with the 4l60 in a hauler.....

on paper my trans should be fine....never fluid low, never over 200 degrees, my trailer and jeep setup is 7-8k pounds....thats why i think were dealing with a workmanship issue

yeah I am pretty down on the chrysler autos myself at this point... my parents put 2500 into this one years ago on a rebuild, then 2500 again right before parking it, and now it's blown again. I really want nothing to do with chrysler autos anymore.

Uh... Mustang progress is goin really slow. Ended up having to buy a whole set of pistons for it bc CP was going to charge me $220 for one plus it would get done whenever they got around to it. The ones I got are no longer shelf stock so they would have to custom make ONE. I understand... But its not worth it to me bc I'd also have to buy a $175 set of rings since I can't get the same brand rings I have now for just one piston... So basically I'd have $400 in replacing one that's not ideal for my engine to begin with. So I ordered up a complete set of diamonds with a higher compression (10.2) & the best rings they offer for $800. The only other downside is that I'm going to have to have my crank balanced again bc these pistons are 20 grams heavier each.

Doug, the labor is the expensive part. Hopefully whatever broke has a warranty too & it wont cost you anything other than maybe some fluid.

Doug, the labor is the expensive part. Hopefully whatever broke has a warranty too & it wont cost you anything other than maybe some fluid.

i hope its warrantied....im stumped as to whats come apart, it squeeks when you torn the output shaft by hand, but still cant turn it the opposite direction

I'd put money on one of the planetary sets or the sprag inside it being completely hosed.

Uh... Mustang progress is goin really slow. Ended up having to buy a whole set of pistons for it bc CP was going to charge me $220 for one plus it would get done whenever they got around to it. The ones I got are no longer shelf stock so they would have to custom make ONE. I understand... But its not worth it to me bc I'd also have to buy a $175 set of rings since I can't get the same brand rings I have now for just one piston... So basically I'd have $400 in replacing one that's not ideal for my engine to begin with. So I ordered up a complete set of diamonds with a higher compression (10.2) & the best rings they offer for $800. The only other downside is that I'm going to have to have my crank balanced again bc these pistons are 20 grams heavier each.

Ouch! Sounds like the norm on any car project though....way over budget but worth it in the end lol.

No flip flop buggy fab going on... Doug's been hanging out down in Chattanooga at the cool people fab shop. ;)

Damn trees....

543727_10100505038495967_1814023567_n.jpg

Hey Tyler (or anybody who was at the Crawl early enough for that matter)...bring back any memories?

Meh that'll buff right out. Bummer we couldnt hit Kodak, or Daniel. But still had a blast running the rest of the trails and Dutch John in the rain. Im uploading some pics right now also.

Got the 70 all mocked up
2012-09-01_16-55-25_788.jpg

What jeep should look like the pass tire will go a little out to match the driver side
2012-09-01_15-47-32_647.jpg

Back