• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

252767_10100415561927727_36618587_44760072_379910569_n.jpg

I want to build one of these... nice glossy black paint, 20% tint on the sides, 5% on the back. 03-04 Cobra rear IRS, Custom Teksid block 4.6 with 03-04 Cobra heads and probably a whipple blower, and of course a T-56 to match it. Tubular k-member and control arms in the front, with the Full Tilt Boogie suspension kit for the rear IRS, and probably coil overs at all four corners. Then for an added kick, I'd throw in a SN95 (95-04) Cobra dash, some race seats, and keep the rest pretty simple. Wheels would be chrome 03-04 cobra and it would have some nasty sticky comp tires on it! Road course here I come!!!

I want to build one of these... nice glossy black paint, 20% tint on the sides, 5% on the back. 03-04 Cobra rear IRS, Custom Teksid block 4.6 with 03-04 Cobra heads and probably a whipple blower, and of course a T-56 to match it. Tubular k-member and control arms in the front, with the Full Tilt Boogie suspension kit for the rear IRS, and probably coil overs at all four corners. Then for an added kick, I'd throw in a SN95 (95-04) Cobra dash, some race seats, and keep the rest pretty simple. Wheels would be chrome 03-04 cobra and it would have some nasty sticky comp tires on it! Road course here I come!!!

I've always been a Mustang fan. Wouldn't mind having one some day to tinker with either!

Not a mustang guy but a Notch with all that sounds Bitchin! Looks like i will be buying another ford though, this time, A Ranger.

Or... To keep up with the 5.0 theme of a fox, I might do the same exact plan but get a new 5.0 cyote engine, & slap a whipple on that! Now that would be some extremely serious power in a super light car. It would be a blast to drive! Of course this is all just small talk... I can't afford to do anything like that any time soon. But if money was no object, I'd be all over it!

Or... To keep up with the 5.0 theme of a fox, I might do the same exact plan but get a new 5.0 cyote engine, & slap a whipple on that! Now that would be some extremely serious power in a super light car. It would be a blast to drive! Of course this is all just small talk... I can't afford to do anything like that any time soon. But if money was no object, I'd be all over it!

Talk LS2XJ into it......He has monies! :D

Not a mustang guy but a Notch with all that sounds Bitchin! Looks like i will be buying another ford though, this time, A Ranger.

Love a good Danger Ranger!

If money was no object, i'd think we'd all have a bunch of cool toys!

Stuck my D44 in and replaced all of the brakes today Yay!

IMG_0180.jpg

0608121454.jpg

0608121440.jpg

0608121432.jpg

BTW heres some pics of the original stuff on the axle. Man were they worn out. Also check out the crazy spring contraption the PO did with the axle.
0608121535.jpg

0608121526.jpg

0608121525.jpg

Heh too clean he says, Im still cleaning mud underneath it from 4 weeks ago. I thought Id clean her up a bit for the axle swap, makes the whole experience a lil more enjoyable when you dont have mud falling on ya trying to unbolt the old axle. BTW if anyone cares, heres a pic of how the heep sits now.

IMG_0179.jpg

Finished installing my rear 9", rear brake line, and front D30 w/OTK steering, new x-drilled rotors and pads, and bleeding the brakes (though I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to bleed some part of the system again).

Went and had dinner with the family Friday night, worked on mom's Jeep a bit Saturday morning. Headed over to a going away party Saturday evening for a good friend of mine who's moving to Florida this week for her new job, and then over to the lake Saturday night through tonight for another good friend's birthday throw down.

Been a busy weekend, but well worth it. Having to be at work by 7am every day this week isn't going to be too much fun though...

Had a good weekend, went to the beach with the family. Ate a 24oz steak and some salmon. Just got home a lil bit ago and ordered a tranny cooler and electric fan for the heep.

Spent the last year building a 88' Saab 900 Turbo for gas friendly, fun as hell DD. Just got to Jeep projects. Over the past few weekends...

Swapped an 80k mile motor into Old Blue(97 XJ sport).
Replaced some wiring under the hood.... It has A/C again. woohoo!!!
Replaced the fan resistor. Now more choices than Off & 4. woohoo!!!
Now just have to get rid of some minor bump steer. Will work on that this weekend....

yelled a few cuss words at my jeep for the A/C being such a pain in the arse.
it blows cold, but only through the defroster vents. i am getting no vacuum to the back of the control panel thingy. it worked fine last year, but over the winter i played with the radio to try to get it working, and never tried to use the A/C again until now. this vacuum stuff is super lame.

Heh too clean he says, Im still cleaning mud underneath it from 4 weeks ago. I thought Id clean her up a bit for the axle swap, makes the whole experience a lil more enjoyable when you dont have mud falling on ya trying to unbolt the old axle. BTW if anyone cares, heres a pic of how the heep sits now.

IMG_0179.jpg

Have any photos of the wire mounts for the hood end?

Welp, the 11th was our 1st anniversary... We brought out our wedding cake top... (the one that tasted horrible at our wedding) and decided to celebrate with it anyhow.

PS. I sure sound like a damn redneck in this video.

The metal banging in the end is cake landing on the roof of the carport. :)

Last edited:
Welp, the 11th was our 1st anniversary... We brought out our wedding cake top... (the one that tasted horrible at our wedding) and decided to celebrate with it anyhow.

PS. I sure sound like a damn redneck in this video.

The metal banging in the end is cake landing on the roof of the carport. :)

:roflmao: Nice way to celebrate like a redneck!

Have any photos of the wire mounts for the hood end?

I can get you a picture of it tomorrow. Its just a pretty simple bracket with a backing plate under the fender that I made.

Anyhow the brown Santa showed up at my house today and dropped off a couple of goodies. I got right to work installing the trans cooler and started the rewiring of the heep.

photo.jpg

photo6.jpg

Back