• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Pretty much, its all man made wheeling, the obstacles are nothing much, but if mud is your thing they have a mud pit or two. Its alot of whoops and hills, few rock obstacles. Just not gonna compare to most wheeling you would find.

If its 20 minutes away, definately go check it out, the Owner is very cool, I think his name was John Glass? but youll definately have fun, just not enough to do to justify a weekend to me.

Supposed to play my final softball game of the year tonigjt but there are some helacious storms rolling through Al today.

We didn't get much up here in the 'ham, but I see some heading this way tonight......:viking:

Getting ready to start building a Scout II this weekend from the ground up.

Somethings never change.........

Doug in the Waggy.
76285_10150101364235937_596615936_7514746_1112208_n.jpg

Doug on the jetski.
IMG0587-XL.jpg

IMG0590-XL.jpg

Always hooked up and climb'n for the sky!:cool:

You going to "Tim Taylor Tool Time" it and shove the engine in the bed of your truck into that wave runner?

You going to "Tim Taylor Tool Time" it and shove the engine in the bed of your truck into that wave runner?

haha that 4.2 makes about as much hp as the two cylinder rotax i'm gonna build for the ski!

the straight six was a screaming deal that is destined for a customer's 83 scrambler

Replaced the UCA axle bushings with only handtools. Put in Moogs. Took about 2 hours. Most of the random "clunking" is gone, but something in the passenger upper arm still "clunks" when it hits s hole.

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a KTM EXC 250 and a Yamaha WR250R. The wife isn't too happy with the idea of me riding again after my last experience, but driving the Jeep is a major hassle here.

I spoke with at least a dozen Italians, including police officers from each of the 4 different types of police departments, and nobody knows what is required to drive a motorcycle. Some say nothing, some say I just need a form, some say I need to take a class. My Italian lawyer friend said to translate my US license in to Italian, stamp it with random Italian government stamps and call it a day.

I won the Italian lottery last week. 97 cars parked in the most random ways. Backwards, perpendicular, on the grass, double parked, blocking driveways. I park normally, in a spot, and leave for five minutes. When I return, I'm the only joker with a ticket. 80 euro. One of the most expensive parking tickets you can get in Italy, for parking within 5 meters of an intersection. Nevermind that people are parked IN the intersection. Yes, it's common to park in the intersection or round-about. It took an entire week to sort out how to pay it. 8 Italians had 16 different ideas on how to pay it. 7 more Italians offered ways to scam my way out of not paying it.

weekend's not even over yet and I already helped lobsterdmb go over his d30 (we installed new inner+outer axle seals, new ujoints, chromo inner shafts, full circle clips), wired up the RADesigns shifter (VERY nice btw) that he won at a raffle last year, with some custom switching added, and bought a lawn tractor. Oh, and we went wheeling, too.

Tomorrow I think I'm gonna fix a bunch of stuff on my jeep aka get it ready for inspection, maybe do a few things on the house, and hopefully fix up the tractor a bit.

Replaced the UCA axle bushings with only handtools. Put in Moogs. Took about 2 hours. Most of the random "clunking" is gone, but something in the passenger upper arm still "clunks" when it hits s hole.

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a KTM EXC 250 and a Yamaha WR250R. The wife isn't too happy with the idea of me riding again after my last experience, but driving the Jeep is a major hassle here.

I spoke with at least a dozen Italians, including police officers from each of the 4 different types of police departments, and nobody knows what is required to drive a motorcycle. Some say nothing, some say I just need a form, some say I need to take a class. My Italian lawyer friend said to translate my US license in to Italian, stamp it with random Italian government stamps and call it a day.

I won the Italian lottery last week. 97 cars parked in the most random ways. Backwards, perpendicular, on the grass, double parked, blocking driveways. I park normally, in a spot, and leave for five minutes. When I return, I'm the only joker with a ticket. 80 euro. One of the most expensive parking tickets you can get in Italy, for parking within 5 meters of an intersection. Nevermind that people are parked IN the intersection. Yes, it's common to park in the intersection or round-about. It took an entire week to sort out how to pay it. 8 Italians had 16 different ideas on how to pay it. 7 more Italians offered ways to scam my way out of not paying it.

God i'm glad I don't work for them anymore!

Did you ever get those rails I sent you?

I did get the rail. Thanks for hooking me up. I actually ended up not needing it for my bike, but I'll keep it in the spare parts shed.

Anytime. Let me know if you need anything else and i'll make a run to the junk yard!

Spent part of my weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw SC with an old professor of mine, as well as his son and soon to be daughter in law. Got invited to come down and camp out with them, have a few adult beverages during the evening, and drive his Mustang around the track some during the day Saturday. It was a Professional Driving School event that's put on every year to which he attends. Didn't get any close up pics of the Mustang I drove, but did do a couple of ride alongs in these:

428392_10100415561673237_36618587_44760068_1594250215_n.jpg

252767_10100415561927727_36618587_44760072_379910569_n.jpg

Then today Josh and Sam came by to help with the transfer case swap and keep a steady stream of laughs and joking around going. Don't plan on taking this out anytime soon:

521414_10100416297019597_776044777_n.jpg

Back