• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

got the stuff to put zj rear discs on my xj. i figure if nothing else, it will hold my axleshafts in when my dana 35 explodes and kills 4,000 baby seals at choir practice.
oh yeah, and it didn't cost much more than just rebuilding the drums would have.

Pics from today and one of the LEDs.

536553_3642504834411_1628042262_2960182_582665561_n.jpg

553461_3642505314423_1628042262_2960183_1980253592_n.jpg

DSCF3513.jpg

got the stuff to put zj rear discs on my xj. i figure if nothing else, it will hold my axleshafts in when my dana 35 explodes and kills 4,000 baby seals at choir practice.
oh yeah, and it didn't cost much more than just rebuilding the drums would have.

Well worth it. You got the backing plate mounting studs from the donor axle right?

Another few things - crown makes ebrake cables for the swap. Depending on the year of your jeep, you can use zj cables or two of either the passenger or driver side explorer cables depending on what length you need.

The 4,000 singing baby seals will thank you for it!

Rear disc FTW.

Does the white XJ have the LED fronts? Or is it just the angle that makes those headlights look brighter than the other two XJ's?

I want the Truklite LED headlights badly but i can't afford $500 for headlights right now LOL!

The white one has retrofitted HIDs in it, and all LED turn signals. The red one is all stock. My grey one has LED rear lights and turnsignals and H4 conversion front.

Those are led tail lights......:twak:

Scored this bad boy today for free...

165845_10100406973898207_1673962812_n.jpg

Been sitting in the water for the last 2 or so years, so the battery's dead and i'm sure it's in need of a good tune up. For free, if I can get it running for the summer then sell it i'll be quite pleased.

I know nothing about jet skis-- is it carbed or fuel injected? I'd look at card rebuild kits if it's carbed- the fuel in the bowls doesn't like to sit more than a season.

I know nothing about jet skis-- is it carbed or fuel injected? I'd look at card rebuild kits if it's carbed- the fuel in the bowls doesn't like to sit more than a season.

carbed 2 stroke...... usually you can get away with replacing the needle and seats and a good cleaning

This isn't the first time you have brought a drinking and driving conversation to this forum. We have a strict policy to protect our members, families, friends, and image. I would heed a warning not to further this discussion and leave it alone, you are treading on thin ice with a lot of people,

Your right, in the 4 years I have been a member of this forum, I have posted 2 comments regarding drinking and driving. By now you'd think God would have struck me down. In those same 4 years, and dozens of wheeling trips to Uwharrie, Gulches, Callahantee, The Flats, Shoe Creek, The Farm, The Devils Playground, and all over the Southeast, I have only met 3 NAXJA members on the trails. Ghost, Lowrange2, and I cannot remember the 3rd ones forum name, but his name was Brian. I believe all 3 are from South Carolina.
Ive been on NC4x4 about the same time, and have met and wheeled with hundreds of members.

Seems this is more of a web wheeler collective than a 4x4 Club in North Carolina. I can respect the rules, I can respect peoples views on the matter, but respecting a group of keyboard jockies with jeeps is alot more difficult.

My sincerest apoligies for muddying the water, hope to see yall on the trails.

Last edited:
I got a rearview mirror from a '92 Cutlas mounted and wired in. I now have "map" lights in the MJ. I also got a new to me replacement bed for it. It's in great shape compared to what I currently have. I'm wanting to lower it an inch or so in the front and put a set of 255/60R15. I think those will look good on my Canyons.

Your right, in the 4 years I have been a member of this forum, I have posted 2 comments regarding drinking and driving. By now you'd think God would have struck me down. In those same 4 years, and dozens of wheeling trips to Uwharrie, Gulches, Callahantee, The Flats, Shoe Creek, The Farm, The Devils Playground, and all over the Southeast, I have only met 3 NAXJA members on the trails. Ghost, Lowrange2, and I cannot remember the 3rd ones forum name, but his name was Brian. I believe all 3 are from South Carolina.
Ive been on NC4x4 about the same time, and have met and wheeled with hundreds of members.

Seems this is more of a web wheeler collective than a 4x4 Club in North Carolina. I can respect the rules, I can respect peoples views on the matter, but respecting a group of keyboard jockies with jeeps is alot more difficult.

My sincerest apoligies for muddying the water, hope to see yall on the trails.

U mad bro?

I got a rearview mirror from a '92 Cutlas mounted and wired in. I now have "map" lights in the MJ. I also got a new to me replacement bed for it. It's in great shape compared to what I currently have. I'm wanting to lower it an inch or so in the front and put a set of 255/60R15. I think those will look good on my Canyons.

I need a rust/dent free short bed for our MJ thats getting rebuilt after the roll. If you see another one hook a buddy up!

I need a rust/dent free short bed for our MJ thats getting rebuilt after the roll. If you see another one hook a buddy up!

I've come across a couple really nice long beds recently, but no short beds-- I'll keep an eye out for you, though.

I know where there is a REALLY nice one, but the rest of the MJ is completely restored...... would probably run $4000 for the bed (and the other MJ parts)

Back