• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Uh oh... what's he up to now?

IMG_20120325_191621.jpg

I went wheeling... and broke one of my upper control arms completely in half.

Now rockin' the OEM 3-link, at least till I get around to installing one of my spares tomorrow.

Mounted some "test" wheels and tires on the old MJ to see what they looked like. Stock was a 205/75 and these are a 255/70. I like the Canyons!!

DSCF1411.jpg

I know it says Cherokee but I haven't swapped the badges out yet.

I love Canyons! Probably my favorite Jeep rim. I have a set of the ZJ ones (dark inlays and flatter center profile) and really wish they were 16" so I could put my good tires on em.

Bought a new truck since I couldnt find a manche I wanted. :D

PICT0154.jpg

PICT0153.jpg

PICT0152.jpg

PICT0151.jpg

Nice! Those things are hard to come by... what year is it?

Its an 84 with solid front axle. I was only looking at getting either an 84 or 85 cause of the solid front. Engine has 10k on rebuild, locking hubs, limited slip, 22R 5 speed, with headers and stainless exhaust. Interior is almost mint. Suspension is old man emu also.

Helped my cousin replace his transmission throttle cable. Sounds simple right? Ummm... No it's not. Took much longer than anticipated and the bad part, mine needs to be replaced too. Not going to be looking forward to that at all but atleast this time I will know what I am doing.

On the upside I scored a full projector HID headlight retrofit worth $350 for only $75 from a very reputable company out of Atlanta doing a meet a greet and a spring cleaning sale. I know why not just upgrade the harness and get more output out of the factory lights than waste HID projectors on an old Jeep. Well A) I think they look cool, B) I love the output from my Mom's Jag's projectors, C) I have seen retrofits on XJs and it looks great and is unique since it isn't done often. Don't hate on me too bad guys haha

Its an 84 with solid front axle. I was only looking at getting either an 84 or 85 cause of the solid front. Engine has 10k on rebuild, locking hubs, limited slip, 22R 5 speed, with headers and stainless exhaust. Interior is almost mint. Suspension is old man emu also.

I installed the TrailGear 4.5 lift on my friends 84 yota last summer. Its a nice lift but a hell of a lot of cutting/welding. We upgraded the steering box as well.

I highly recommend that kit, it flexes good for leaves and a light rig.

Nice! Friend of mine picked up an 86 a couple of years ago to build up and wheel after selling his XJ. We did a SFA on it and it really wasn't too complicated. That was a fun day dragging torches into the junk yard to grab the donor axle :D

Spent the majority of the weekend up at my buddy's lake house getting it ready for summer. Got lots of work done but made sure not to work too hard and got plenty of lazy lake time in.

I installed the TrailGear 4.5 lift on my friends 84 yota last summer. Its a nice lift but a hell of a lot of cutting/welding. We upgraded the steering box as well.

I highly recommend that kit, it flexes good for leaves and a light rig.

I don't think ill be needing a new suspension for awhile. The way this one looks, its almost brand new. BTW does anyone know if I can spray bedliner on fiberglass? The bed on the truck is fiberglass and I want to put bedliner on the inside of it.

Im curious what you paid for that thing... when I was in the Toyota world, a truck of that vintage would bring TOP dollar, and usually were nowhere near that good of shape. That looks like a killer little ride.

Doug, ill post finished pictures sometime today. The underside is still 'whole' i didnt cut through any of the cross members, just through the skin. Prying the skin away from that thick epoxy they use was one of the hardest parts so far...

So, I broke something under my Jeep in a pot hole in my drive way... I didn't have time to figure out exactly what it was but I DO know that my trac bar now has a lot of play in it. I'd guess the Jeep moves left and right 2 inches when I move the wheel... Steering is lacking response but I easily kept it between the lines on the way to work. I guess I have to go lay on the ground on my lunch break and see what I did...

Betcha never broke something in the driveway!

Back