• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

flopped my XJ...
worked...
ate food...
and more work to come...
hope to fix XJ by weekend...

perused Craigslist in the hopes of finding a cheap Christmas present from me to me. Went to look at a "4 tires on rims" listing and came home with 4 Cooper Discoverer STT's (one new and three w/decent tread) on 15 X 10 Mickey Thompson Classic "street locks" (fake beadlocks) for the sum total of $75.00!

Spent the day working on the computer in between family time (Upgraded from XP to Windows 7). Also washed some of the mud off the engine of the Jeep before all the family got here. Ate way too much food and had a blast hanging out with the family....gotta love the holidays!

How is 7? I can get a bootleg version here for like 6 bucks and I thought I would before I leave just to have.

Tore down kf_chris's 4.0 from his 2000. Did anybody know that they had main stud girdles in them? Im not sure when they started doing it, but Ive been in several 4.0's and Ive never seen one with it. That thing was rough, #1 rod bearing was GONE, like really GONE! lol. The #6 was still there, but not far behind and would've puked its guts soon as well.

I also worked on wiring the new shop up. I had to run it all in conduit (long story as to why) so I spent all day Saturday cutting and gluing that crap together and trying to figure out what boxes, junctions, switches, etc, I needed. Got 99% 0f that done. Then finished the rest of the tubing this morning and pulled all the wiring. I got most of the outlets wired up, but I have 6 or so left (2 more welder plugs and 4 120V) to do. I'll get that done tomorrow. I also still have to hang the lights.

Hey man did you get pics of the carnage?

Changed the oil in my heep and WASHED IT! Finally....

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

How is 7? I can get a bootleg version here for like 6 bucks and I thought I would before I leave just to have.

So far I like it a lot...lot more features then XP, and from others who have been running it longer than me, they say it's a lot more stable than Vista will ever be.

I got a free copy through my school, so I figured why not?

Changed the oil in my heep and WASHED IT! Finally....

Looks good! I'd ditch the mud flaps though...

Looks good! I'd ditch the mud flaps though...

Im sure a lot of people share that sentiment, but I love 'em. They are quick release so they are easily removed for wheelin, but they keep things a little cleaner otherwise. Plus I dig the look...I did it for kind of an Icelandic 4x4 look.

Thanks for the compliment though!

EDIT: I dont know why I cant edit previous posts (i guess except for this one) but I reorganized my photobucket account and all the pics got messed up, so here are the pics again.

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

Last edited:
I've been arguing with myself about buying bumpers from JCR from their black friday sale all day. I come in from work every hour and see what's the deal of the hour. Currently it's 75 off the winch bumper. Had I plans in the future for a winch on the XJ I'd be in there like butthair but alas I do not. Winch will be on the CJ...

Digging the white and black look!

last weekend we installed a 3 inch aal with lower control arms new shocks.Today had my 31 1050 maxxis bighorns mounted on some 15x7 4 inch backspace cragar d windows turned out pretty nice.:clap:

among other things i read the new JP that came out, not all of it but most since i got 4 days off... and got to read about that bright yellow XJ in there... pretty sweet... might wnat to check it out, fits 40" tires on 2" lift.... and has a big block v8... lots of trimming and cutting and replacing of sheet metal and patience. thought i would mention it because i like to see XJ's in the featured rigs

Very nice jeep. My next vehicle purchase will be a BMW or a VW I think.

Just remember if you go VW to be sure to use the right lug studs with your custom wheels. Ha!

Very nice jeep. My next vehicle purchase will be a BMW or a VW I think.

Drove a 2009 3 series (335i?) last weekend. Twin turbo with about 30 miles on it. I was damn impressed with the new Bimmers. My ex girlfriend's mom has a 08 5 series that was a nice whip, but I wouldn't pay what she probably did for a 5 series. IIRC the sticker on the 3 series was like 45K...entry level Bimmer I guess.

It was an automatic tranny but had paddle shifters on the steering wheel which made for tons of fun!

Oh the 335i is a rocket. No doubt about that. I test drove one in Houston with a sport package, then got in an M3 (the 6 cyl version) and the 335 was the one to buy. It is pricey, but I do not buy new cars...so it should be ok. This will probably be a 2012 purchase so I have a ways to go, may get a 2009 330xi or something like that.
And Ed...if I get a new car, it's staying stock. They last so much longer with no problems that way!

Upgraded my alternator to a 136amp from a dodge 5.9L into my current DD XJ, now with everything running(wipers, lights, defrost and heater) the volts don't drop, before they would drop to around 9. I also noticed the windows are quicker up and down too. Oh and i had to do a little grinding of the mount bracket and the alternator it self to get it to fit, the 5.9 alt was a little bigger then the stock jeep alt, and also had one extra groove on the pulley, other than that it plugged in the same and fired right up so for $30 (with warranty) its worth the upgrade.
101_1203.jpg

Spent allllllll day under the Jeep doing a rear main and oil pan gasket...what a pain in the freakin butt!!!!!

Spent allllllll day under the Jeep doing a rear main and oil pan gasket...what a pain in the freakin butt!!!!!

Agreed. That's not a fun job. Especially when there is built up dirt and oil falling in your face the entire time.

chased oil leak and found it to be from distributor mounting gasket (or lack there of)

cleaned up and installed spare distributor WITH GASKET and hope to have the leaks down to two --coolant from radiator tank and transmission fluid from cooler line at radiator. Neither of these are major (less than a quarter-sized spot over night) and will be corrected when the opportunity presents itself to open the cooling system again.

Back