• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Cut one of my STTs and cannot figure out where I did it. It has a cut right down the center of the tread down to the belts. Still holds air but i t don't like the look of steel belts hanging out of the tread.

It's not RENIX specific. It's year specific. My 95 XJ requires me to loosen the PS assy the same as my RENIX 88 MJ.

I think it changed in 97 to the style you are describing. I think.

Loosen the harmonic balancer pulley that's below the power steering pump. Then on the left side of the power steering bracket is the tensioner bolt (the bolt that is not horizontal or vertical, it's at an angle) simply loosen it until you can slip the belt off. Reverse for installation.

Thanks, I'll try that this week when I get a chance...she's a '97 by the way...

Whoa, UNCC, I think you're psychic.

In this case, UNCC's directions apply. I think.

Haha well atleast I did something right this morning...

Interesting about the switch...I thought it changed sooner than that.

Worked at the office most of Saturday, helped in-laws Saturday night, wingnut stopped by while I was cleaning the garage on Sunday, helped wingnut with his alignment, put out Christmas lights, and hung out with the fam.

Fun Factoid: After 1 yr, 4 months, and 15 days this thread has hit over 2,000 post and over 43,500 views.

Last edited:
replaced alternator on the subaru, replaced water pump on my potential dd, installed my jks quicker disconnects on grandpa. subaru now has a mean green alternator on it that looks to be about twice the size of the one i took out. guage on dash reads right about halfway between 12 volts and 18 volts, and my subwoofer seems grateful for the extra juice. at half power, it seems a lot louder than it used to. me likes the bumpage. potential future dd is a white 2door 2wd 2.5litre 5spd xj that's in great shape that hasn't been driven in almost a year because the water pump when bad. changed the pump, and it started right up, and didn't leak or overheat or anything yet. hopin for da best.:D

Got the 33's from the manche put on the mander.
1121091000.jpg

1121091000a.jpg

changed the oil in the truck (all 15 quarts worth...), also gettin work done on the house: ripped carpet out from front entry way, removed wall paper and got it ready for paint. started knocking down the back wall in my bathroom, will be puttin in a larger shower and maybe a linen closet. also raked the entire yard (18 large bags of leaves). im sore as hell but glad the house projects are finally gettin done.

also bought a code reader for the jeep...no more going to autozone to get codes read!

Spent the day putting lights on the roof rack of a friend's XJ. Gotta finish it up Wednesday when the weather clears up so she can actually use them!

Tore down kf_chris's 4.0 from his 2000. Did anybody know that they had main stud girdles in them? Im not sure when they started doing it, but Ive been in several 4.0's and Ive never seen one with it. That thing was rough, #1 rod bearing was GONE, like really GONE! lol. The #6 was still there, but not far behind and would've puked its guts soon as well.

I also worked on wiring the new shop up. I had to run it all in conduit (long story as to why) so I spent all day Saturday cutting and gluing that crap together and trying to figure out what boxes, junctions, switches, etc, I needed. Got 99% 0f that done. Then finished the rest of the tubing this morning and pulled all the wiring. I got most of the outlets wired up, but I have 6 or so left (2 more welder plugs and 4 120V) to do. I'll get that done tomorrow. I also still have to hang the lights.

Fixed a garage door spring that broke a few weeks or months ago. I forget when. Redid the cross bar that holds the net over the tools and spare parts in teh back. OldBlue came by and fixed the internet jack that the boys ripped out of the wall with a chair.

went to rockcity friday with family, quite fun and it was alex's first trip (his favorite part was the lights and the singing choir)
and had pics with santa on saturday, we had to have santa "go feed the reindeer" and let alex sit in the sleigh and santa snuck up behind him and we destracted him and took his pic, otherwise it would have been a screaming fit, and whats funny is as santa is going behind the trees again alex saw him started to cry/whine Santa got busted!

then we went on a train ride, got milk cookies and was told the story of polar express, ended up at "the north pole" and santa got on the train and walked front to back seeing the kids and taking pictures and whatnot, alot of fun but two nights out late with the kid sleeping on the way home, he was tired sunday to say the least.

went to rockcity friday with family, quite fun and it was alex's first trip (his favorite part was the lights and the singing choir)
and had pics with santa on saturday, we had to have santa "go feed the reindeer" and let alex sit in the sleigh and santa snuck up behind him and we destracted him and took his pic, otherwise it would have been a screaming fit, and whats funny is as santa is going behind the trees again alex saw him started to cry/whine Santa got busted!

then we went on a train ride, got milk cookies and was told the story of polar express, ended up at "the north pole" and santa got on the train and walked front to back seeing the kids and taking pictures and whatnot, alot of fun but two nights out late with the kid sleeping on the way home, he was tired sunday to say the least.

"SEE ROCK CITY!" LOL! Memories!

Spent the day working on the computer in between family time (Upgraded from XP to Windows 7). Also washed some of the mud off the engine of the Jeep before all the family got here. Ate way too much food and had a blast hanging out with the family....gotta love the holidays!

Back